Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Plumber
135 Posts
a dirty van always bugs me and i am sometimes in that boat as well. what irks me is when these jobs are time and material. put the stuff back where it belongs on the customers dime. cleaning the truck on company time, unbillable , should be on the employees dime.
This is incorrect on very many levels. Most bosses and managers want to push the employee to work well beyond their limits. Vans get dirty it's a fact of life it's all apart and name of the game. If you don't want to pay me to keep the van clean then let me bring it in and you have a helper organized it and clean and wash it while we go over weekly paperwork. If a plumber hurts himself cleaning his van on a Saturday when he's not supposed to be working and let's say for example he falls and breaks his ankle. Like I did. You want to know what the boss says? He says sue me.

For all you Young Bucks out there. Take your time after every single call pull into a parking lot and organize and clean your truck. Do not let the Boss Rush you around. You will find yourself more organized and make more money and then the boss will leave you alone even more. Because you're doing well. He will see your truck and he will appreciate it. Take the time

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,765 Posts
This is incorrect on very many levels. Most bosses and managers want to push the employee to work well beyond their limits. Vans get dirty it's a fact of life it's all apart and name of the game. If you don't want to pay me to keep the van clean then let me bring it in and you have a helper organized it and clean and wash it while we go over weekly paperwork. If a plumber hurts himself cleaning his van on a Saturday when he's not supposed to be working and let's say for example he falls and breaks his ankle. Like I did. You want to know what the boss says? He says sue me.

For all you Young Bucks out there. Take your time after every single call pull into a parking lot and organize and clean your truck. Do not let the Boss Rush you around. You will find yourself more organized and make more money and then the boss will leave you alone even more. Because you're doing well. He will see your truck and he will appreciate it. Take the time
I need to wash my box truck, just looked at it today and thought it was getting pretty road grimey
I am gonna have to find a bunch of high school cheer leaders doing a car wash in some parking lot
and let them hose this pig down then give them 25 bucks for their effort ....
maybe 50 if they are in swim suits....:p:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

how am i incorrect? if you are doing time and material jobs, put the stuff back on your truck where it belongs on the customers dime. go back to the shop and throw away the garbage on the customers dime. restock the truck on the customers dime. then fill out the amount of time for the boss to bill it out. why is this so hard to figure out?

·
Registered
Plumber
135 Posts
Whether a man is flat rate or hourly he should be cleaning his truck during the day. Not on his off time. Off time is off time. If you charge hourly then charge for a dump fee... if flat rate incorporate that into the fee and expect your employees to keep clean trucks. Responsiblity falls on both to acquire the time to make it happen.

·
Registered
Master Plumber
355 Posts
I need to wash my box truck, just looked at it today and thought it was getting pretty road grimey
I am gonna have to find a bunch of high school cheer leaders doing a car wash in some parking lot
and let them hose this pig down then give them 25 bucks for their effort ....
maybe 50 if they are in swim suits....:p:ROFLMAO:
It’s definitely a little creepy that you’re talking about looking at children in their swimsuits

·
Registered
6,502 Posts

·
7,765 Posts
It’s definitely a little creepy that you’re talking about looking at children in their swimsuits
Creepy??? Its was supposed to be a joke....
Well, I guess you have never looked at the cheerleaders at football and basketball games
or ladies beach volleyball

so you keep your eyes on just the guys if thats your thing...

whatever

·
Registered
Master Plumber
355 Posts
Creepy??? Its was supposed to be a joke....
Well, I guess you have never looked at the cheerleaders at football and basketball games
or ladies beach volleyball

so you keep your eyes on just the guys if thats your thing...

whatever

This is not creepy. This is adult woman playing volleyball. The only thing I was calling out is that you were talking about high school girls, who are typically 14-17 years old. If you want the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders to wash your truck in string bikinis I have no issue with that.

·
7,765 Posts
This is not creepy. This is adult woman playing volleyball. The only thing I was calling out is that you were talking about high school girls, who are typically 14-17 years old. If you want the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders to wash your truck in string bikinis I have no issue with that.
Please Get over yourself... If it were offensive then no one would be having
car wash drives to earn money for some good cause....

.you are sounding like a democrat nit-picking everything and making
an issue out of nothing or everything....

I guess I am just not as woke as you..... real sorry about that... .... not.

Here are some guys to watch if you are more into that

·
Registered
Master Plumber
355 Posts
Please Get over yourself... If it were offensive then no one would be having
car wash drives to earn money for some good cause....

.you are sounding like a democrat nit-picking everything and making
an issue out of nothing or everything....

I guess I am just not as woke as you..... real sorry about that... .... not.

Here are some guys to watch if you are more into that

Yes! This South Park clip is hilarious.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
How did "How to organize my van" discussion turned into that :LOL:?
This is a plumbing forum, eventually everything will devolve into one of four things;

Politics
T&M vs Flat Rate
Sex
My way to plumb is better than your way!

·
7,765 Posts
This is a plumbing forum, eventually everything will devolve into one of four things;

Politics
T&M vs Flat Rate
Sex
My way to plumb is better than your way!

Now, I am offended by this....
all I put on here were some beach volleyball games for you all
to watch..... and this has not got nothing to do with sex....

now if you see it that way you must
be a pervert or a democrat....

·
Registered
Master Plumber
355 Posts
Now, I am offended by this....
all I put on here were some beach volleyball games for you all
to watch..... and this has not got nothing to do with sex....

now if you see it that way you must
be a pervert or a democrat....
🤣 hahaha guns aren’t for Democrats … even water guns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in the office and I couldn't agree more with NOT on the employee's own time. Company van, as well as a company policy around here, is to keep a nice and clean van. We have days of the week scheduled for certain things to keep their vans stocked, cleaned, extra organized, etc along with the shop. Vans do get dirty A LOT in the profession and need to be kept up on the regular, not just a schedule or when someone feels like cleaning it. The company van, just like the person driving it, is a direct representation of what the company represents so that's something to keep in mind. We want our employees to value their job here and so we want to take care of our employees too. So clean away on our time ;) LOL

21 - 37 of 37 Posts