Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I worked overnight at a restaurant, I was supposed to repipe a hot and cold manifold supplying a dishmachine and some other fixtures. I was busy doing my own thing, two other guys were busting the floor to change a floor drain to a stainless area/trench drain. The guy hammering the floor hit a 3/4" hot water recirc line:cry: Unbelievably, I was able to fix it, by unsweating a travel piece out of a tee and street 90. I always keep 1/4" poly tubing on my van, I stuck it down into the pipe, sucked a bunch of water and sweat the new stuff in. Plus, I get another 8 hours of O.T. to go back tonight and finish my stuff. Yayyy;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Im thinking of getting a jet sweat kit for situations like that.. but latley iv been keeping comp. fittings around for those lines that wont shut off.. we still dont have pro press fittings anywhere around the city.. were always last in updating technology.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Didn't you mean to type you brazed instead of sweat the repair?:whistling2:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Didn't you mean to type you brazed instead of sweat the repair?:whistling2:

i'm sure that's what i heard.:yes:

what good does a jet sweat do on a slab leak? unless you're putting in pex or unions or some other wierdness. are propress fittings legal below slab?

paul

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
It was my understanding that no fittings are allowed on copper below a slab in new construction, but service related, you dont really have a choice.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
It was my understanding that no fittings are allowed on copper below a slab in new construction, but service related, you dont really have a choice.

when i did new construction, we had to do repairs to some water services before slabs were poured due to some idjit stepping on them or kinking them when they rolled the copper out. i guess we could have trashed the copper and rolled a new one out but we repaired them with brazed couplings and never had an issue with inspections.

paul

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
My statements are related to IL only ,everywhere except Cook county. Don't know about inaccessible fittings in other states.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts