Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milwaukee, makita, ridgid, dewalt, others, I had an 18v ridgid and have used an 18v milwaukee that was a friends before i don't like dewalts battery style of attachment thoigh they make nice hard cases I liked rigid's dual charger though they might have phased that out.

I am just asking for opinions and experience of dependability and customer service

wouln't be cool if companies offered corded combo kits

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I have been useing the Ridgid 18v combo for along time now, got the kit when they had the lifetime warranty on it, so far had the sawsall fixed under the warranty, cost nothing for the repair.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
I have the 6 piece DeWalt that I got last year day after Xmas.
18vt:
drill driver hammer
impact
circular
light
sawzall
4" angle grinder
Also came with a coupon for one more free tool...I took the jig saw

It only came with 3 batteries, so I wound up buyiong another 4 plus the ones I already have.....batteries suck but not that bad....could be worse. I beat the hell out of my tools and so far the only thing that needed work was my sawzall...I repaired it because I hate my corded ones now!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Dewalt cordless tools as well, and I have to admit that right next to air conditioning, I think the cordless sawzall is the greatest invention ever.

Oh, one thing about cases. Keep in mind they have the logo on them. May as well say "STEAL ME!!" Paint over it, or ditch it altogether.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
The tab that enguages / disenguages the pin to hold the blade in.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
DeWalt ! Have had 2 sets stolen out of my truck ,,, just keep buying cause they're the best !
Need to strap on my new shotgun for the next "visitor " to my truck though , heh,heh .

Ridgid just seemed way to heavy and awkward to me.
Cal

·
Registered
104 Posts
The tab that enguages / disenguages the pin to hold the blade in.
That's what I kinda thought. The last company I worked at (large company!) had several plumbers with Dewalt sawzalls and a lot of them had the same problem as you did. Guess I've been lucky with that part so far. Other than that, though, I still like the Dewalts.

·
Plumber, Totally
86 Posts
Milwaukee 18v and 28v
hammer drill, sawzall, flashlights.
got from supply house, good relationships with supply house employees = great service on warranty work, and the occasional free battery!

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Craftsman. I got the whole 19v kit for 150.00....

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
I prefer DeWalt.

I recently purchased the 6 piece kit. . . all 18v. . . .sawzall, 1/2" drill, flex light, 1/4" driver, grinder,and 6.5" circle saw.

·
Registered
752 Posts
craftsman for sure... their cheap but dependable i have been running the same setup for 1.5 years and only the sawzall died on me....... free replacement at sears no questions asked!! the impact gun also keeps on trucking along never have any problems with it i dropped it countless times off of 8' ladders.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You guys might laugh, but I bought the cheap 18 volt Ryobi set the Home Depot carries (1/2" drill, sawzall, circular saw, flashlight, and vacuum) for under $200.00, 6 years later and an occassional battery, they still run great!

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
Dewalt, 36v, 4 pc. set, a little heavy but man they will run all day at full tilt, or go 2 wks between charges. 3 yrs new same batteries no repairs so far to any thing.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Milwaukee 28v kit is the most rugged. I bought the kit when it first came out 4-5 years ago. Still on the same kit. I like how the batteries have charge gauges on them. Nothing like crawling to the back of an attic only to find out you drill doesn't have enough juice for more than one hole.

For the money though, you can't bet Ryobi. They aren’t the nicest(still better than the dewalt junk) kit out but they are by far the most tool you can buy per dollar. If you think they are junk I have a challenge for you: Take apart a Ryobi sawzall and a dewalt. You tell me witch one it built better.

I own both Mil and Ryobi. If they are lying next to each other I always pick up the Milwaukee. The ryo is just my spare.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts