Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in a jam on a forth floor condo last week. I was moving a trap out from under a tub to the middle for a shower conversion. The concrete floor was about 12" thick and I had to reach down through an 8" hole the builder made me. I couldn't get a decent grip on anything to cut it. A regular sawzall would have resulted in another trip to the stupidist thing I have done thread. I ran around the corner to home depot and bought it. It has become my side kick. It is nice because it is small and it is held in a position that is much easier to control it in tight areas. A knuckle saver if you will.

Attachments

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Looks handy. I'm sure it has it's place.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i bought 1 in november used it 5 times (hard use) and burnt up motor. i returned it to HD and got a new one. i will save it for light duty and hard to reach areas.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought the new milwaukee 12v small sawzall a couple weeks ago. There has been 3 or 4 times now where it saved me a lot of time and hassle. I also have the reciprocating saw attachment for a dremmel tool. Its even smaller and at times, its the only way to cut out some pipe...

I wish I would have seen the one you posted. It looks a little better suited for my purposes. maybe I'll locate one and see if it is worth adding to the arsenal.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
That looks pretty good, they have an even smaller one, milwakee min sawzall, tell you what, I needed it the other day to cut off a couple widespreads.

Although lithium ion batts, I wish it was a plug in. Looks like the ridgid is a plug in, how long is the actual tool??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts