Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of companies come in and drill a well, then re connect the new pump without ever running off the water first. Got several calls due to fixtures not running right, take the valves apart and find loads of dirt. Anyone else ever had problems after a well driller left?

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The idiots had so much sand in the diverter for the shower I had one heck of a time getting it cleared out. Afterwards I ran the hose bib for a while to get rid of it all.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
The idiots had so much sand in the diverter for the shower I had one heck of a time getting it cleared out. Afterwards I ran the hose bib for a while to get rid of it all.
There is a trick to getting it out, use a compressor.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a trick to getting it out, use a compressor.
KTS, do you mean to use a blow nozzle and get it out, or apply air pressure in reverse on the lines? I have not heard of using compressed air. I am thinking if you open a hose bib and back flush with the air, is that it?

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
KTS, do you mean to use a blow nozzle and get it out, or apply air pressure in reverse on the lines? I have not heard of using compressed air. I am thinking if you open a hose bib and back flush with the air, is that it?
No, I have a rig I made with galv nipples, a tee, and a couple ball valves, and an air fitting, unscrew the tub spout, screw my rig in, remove and cap the showerhead, and connect a compressor to my rig. turn water on, open up one valve to send 100 PSI into TS valve, close the valve quickly and open the other valve to let the pressure, water and sediment drain into the tub. It works 7 times out of ten without have to remove cartridges or anything else.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I have a rig I made with galv nipples, a tee, and a couple ball valves, and an air fitting, unscrew the tub spout, screw my rig in, remove and cap the showerhead, and connect a compressor to my rig. turn water on, open up one valve to send 100 PSI into TS valve, close the valve quickly and open the other valve to let the pressure, water and sediment drain into the tub. It works 7 times out of ten without have to remove cartridges or anything else.
i will have to remember that one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts