Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about a month now we have had some issues with our server. During peak hours the site would slow down because of the load and sometimes crash. Well, those problems should now be behind us now.

Last night we migrated this site over to a new server that should be able to keep up with our growth for a while. We have more bandwidth, a faster connection, and a much faster box. We also moved to a new host.

Thanks for your patience during the problem periods :thumbsup:

If you notice any problems with your account or with the site after the move please let me know by posting in this thread and I'll try to address it as fast as possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm still not the most handsome man in Little Rock. I think your new server is broken.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Holy moly!

The pages open instantly!

Keep this up, I might stop bein' grumpy....er...well, no, that won't happen.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Sweet.................

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you can notice a difference. Hopefully that will be the norm now.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, how difficult was the change over and is there a difference in cost between services?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I moved hosts and I'm paying more now than I was before... but the server is also better so it's hard to compare. I worked with a company to help me move the data over from one server to the other and I pay them monthly to help manage the server so I can't tell you how hard it was... but I wouldn't try doing it myself.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm still not the most handsome man in Little Rock. I think your new server is broken.
I'm still having issues here... Hello, vanity, thy name is Snoopy! is this thing on?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I'm still having issues here... Hello, vanity, thy name is Snoopy! is this thing on?

What issues? Snoopy has issues. :laughing:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, but when you live in the state of denial, you have to blame something. I choose Nathan's new server.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts