Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See you decided to join.:thumbsup: Good to see you on here. :)

·
Plumbing Contractor
975 Posts
As my 100 post Welcome Double-A

Glad to see you here!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
LOL, I was wondering if I'd hit 10 posts before I got busted.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rambo the cat, sees it all, you can't hide. :laughing:

·
Registered
344 Posts
OK, for those that don't know me, let me introduce myself.

I have many years plumbing, including running a large service plumbing company before changing careers to be a GC in the remodeling field. Our companies (more than one, yes) are unique in that we pay our subs top dollar for top work and we have an unsurpassed satisfaction rate with our clients.

I have a unique and somewhat controversial outlook on life and business that can be summed up by saying that you should never be the center of your attention.

If you're not paying attention to the wants and needs of others, and trying to find out why they have those wants and needs, then you're just fooling yourself. Only by pleasing others can we truly be pleased with ourselves.

Who have you pleased lately?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks folks! I'll have to watch my Ps and Qs. Screw the money, don't mess with the cat!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Couldn't have said it better!

OK, for those that don't know me, let me introduce myself.

I have many years plumbing, including running a large service plumbing company before changing careers to be a GC in the remodeling field. Our companies (more than one, yes) are unique in that we pay our subs top dollar for top work and we have an unsurpassed satisfaction rate with our clients.

I have a unique and somewhat controversial outlook on life and business that can be summed up by saying that you should never be the center of your attention.

If you're not paying attention to the wants and needs of others, and trying to find out why they have those wants and needs, then you're just fooling yourself. Only by pleasing others can we truly be pleased with ourselves.

Who have you pleased lately?
There's another saying "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you CARE."

We live by this at our company.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Welcome Double, saw you mention you'd joined, been waiting for you to post.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, I never got the memo. I didn't see the kick off email or the announcement or any of the rest. I must have been cross-eyed that week from something.

I did see the cross-posters talking about it on CT so here I came to see who was here. I quit reading plumbing forums years ago, but I noticed a distinct dislike for GCs here, and since I'm technically both, I figured I'd come in and teach these professional butt-crack models, erm, I mean, fellow artists and my professional siblings how to bow down and worship the ground... I mean, I've come to learn. :laughing: (now, to any of you that still don't know me, I live to laugh. Business is serious stuff for me, but I can still laugh at myself and with others, so don't take any of this seriously. Well, the worship part, OK, but the rest.. pfffttt, its all in fun.)

I'll have a double half skim half decaf latte with extra foam and flux (Nodorode if you have it), please.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I haven't taken the time to set up my profile yet. I'm waiting for one of the mods to jump on me about it. Until then,

How much should I charge to change out a regular sink in a regular cabinet for an irregular client that would like to pay me in cash under the table but wants my GL and WC insurance and would like to be an additional named insured but has a hot hot wife and a stupid dog that licks me in unmentionable places? I'm thinking $15.00 an hour plus a six pack.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
I haven't taken the time to set up my profile yet. I'm waiting for one of the mods to jump on me about it. Until then,

How much should I charge to change out a regular sink in a regular cabinet for an irregular client that would like to pay me in cash under the table but wants my GL and WC insurance and would like to be an additional named insured but has a hot hot wife and a stupid dog that licks me in unmentionable places? I'm thinking $15.00 an hour plus a six pack.
and a coupla hits

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:huh: Oh is there more the one mod? Since when :laughing:

Mods? (as in more then one)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was feeling generous in case you were hearing voices. I didn't want to upset them.:laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts