Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a piece of commercial property. It has a parkway with grass, trees, and bushes. There's no hosebib on that side of the building, but there is an in ground connector that I haven't got a clue how to hook up to. It's got a brass spring loaded cap you flip backwards, then you can look straight down inside what looks like a ordinary pipe. I'm assuming I need some sort of special fitting thats like a pipe extension that then has the hosebib on top. What the heck am I looking for?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Reactions: Redwood

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Thats the most silliest thing I have ever read. Everybody knows what that is. Its a.......................................................
Artesian well. Make sure that brass lid stays flipped down. You WILL flood the whole area if it is allowed to be lifted up.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Just bought a piece of commercial property. It has a parkway with grass, trees, and bushes. There's no hosebib on that side of the building, but there is an in ground connector that I haven't got a clue how to hook up to. It's got a brass spring loaded cap you flip backwards, then you can look straight down inside what looks like a ordinary pipe. I'm assuming I need some sort of special fitting thats like a pipe extension that then has the hosebib on top. What the heck am I looking for?
Oh yeah, who the heck calls it a parkway? I thought he bought some road or someting.

·
Banned
60 Posts
I have the adaptor for that (3), get my info off my site and send me $367.00 plus $33.00 for shipping and I will send you the stuff. :thumbsup: Pay no attention to the other guys here, they didn't take their meds today...I'll hook ya up bro...

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Here's a quarter, buy yourself a clue. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
It is part of a old rainbird sprinkler system.

It is an impact style sprinkler that you would push in and turn to lock it in place. There is probably pressure on the systemto that point unless the meter has been pulled or other wise shut off

You might check the rainbird site to see if any are still available.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
The threadstarter is a DIYer. He's not coming back. There's no need for replies, unless it's to add more funny stuff:laughing:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts