Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you all have Web Sites ??? How much do they cost ?

Is it very successful ??

Thx !

Cal

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I am working on a very simple one. Not me but someone else is for us.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I started to, but quit because business was so good already. From what I remember is it costs to have it on a search engine. I cant remember, may re do one mysel.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Webs

I was going to build one myself I did a google on web site building found a post of best 10 web host! There was one called Blue host for like $160.00 for 2 years. hen it was Go daddy, yahoo and then I gave up looking. I'm going to go with the Blue host. a friend of mine used Go Dadddy and hates it! I asked him to look at the blue host and he said it looks better than what he has.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure . Seems like ONE more thing to have to fuss over . It was just a thought .
Cal

·
Registered
11 Posts
how much does it cost just to build it and get it going...
without the search engines
just to put it on trucks and business cards and have a place to
send customers for monthy specials,ect

·
Banned
913 Posts
I built our website (12 pages or so) and I am not a computer geek. We use Yahoo Web hosting for $11.95 / mo. We do not pay any optimization fees to search engines. They even offer a free site builder.

For us, it is well worth it and lends credibility to our company. Sometimes a customer will say he saw our ad in YP and visited our website before calling. These jobs are usually more profitable - ex: bathroom remodel or fixture change out. Definitely better quality customers.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I made two web sites - one for my plumbing business and one for my computer sideline. I pay about $30 every six months, total. I used 1 & 1 hosting and made my own pages using their software. They aren't fancy but I'm still the only one in the area with a website for plumbing except for Mr. Rooter, which uses the main company site.

http://steveplumber.com/

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks. When I get a decent-looking truck I plan to add it to the site. And I'll probably add pictures of work at some later date, too. If there isn't much going on I don't think about the site, but when something new comes along I'll add it.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Suggestion for Herk

One page on our website gets a lot of hits - Testimonials. On ours we have 33 to date with the most recent appearing first. Okay -now why 33? Everytime we receive a written testimonial we include it because each one is different. We list the customers first name, last initial, date, and neighborhood. We have lots of subdivisions, so practically everyone is from a different neighborhood. I would think prospective customers would read the first few, then scan the list for their neighborhood. We just started this last year.

:thumbup: Added bonus, it makes our customers feel special!!! They believe their testimonial was chosen - in reality we list everyone.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks ALL !!! Guess for $100 or so a year it might be worth it .

I SUCK at this computer stuff ,,,, this ought to be good for a few laughs !!

Cal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts