1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
The only system I use.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
-stainless steel which is harder are less likely to loosen over time due to vibration.
-1 tool that cost $60 does 4 sizes instead of one $200 tool per size
-because it clamps from the side, you can see and adjust the crimp so each one is perfect. This is the biggest one for me

·
Registered
378 Posts
Do you have proof of properly crimped rings vibrating loose.If so ,I need to see that because I use them the most.I use the bands as well but I only use them where I can't fit my crimpers.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I still have a problem trusting something like crimp clamps to hold on a product like plastic that expands and contracts by such a large margin. It sounds self destructive to me.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Do you have proof of properly crimped rings vibrating loose.If so ,I need to see that because I use them the most.I use the bands as well but I only use them where I can't fit my crimpers.
No proof just a gut feeling after seeing some fitting come apart during a pressure test. The vibration was the only thing I could figure. The crimped fitting are very soft, just don't trust them very much

·
Registered
378 Posts
I run into diy people as well as plumbers who have made crimp ring installs and have no idea that a gauge exists to check the crimp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts