Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past year and a half I've started to more actively been marketed to by water damage cleanup & restoration companies who work with insurance claims and what not. I few of the folks were pretty professional and credible franchise business owners while a couple companies just looked pretty fly-by-night. Some, offer a referral payout if I am able to refer them to any of my clients.

Has anyone had similar experiences with this type of marketing? I was wondering because on occasion I do see this type of service work that they do with some of my service calls. I'm also wondering if you are using anyone what are the benefits to your business? Are you receiving reciprocation with leads? Are there companies to just flatout stay away from?

I am deliberating on giving a company a crack. My word is my reputation and people's reputation is reality. I will not refer anyone who will not present the same type of service to my client that I would.

I dont' have a lot of experience with the restoration business and how the insurance claims process works on their end.

·
Enjoying the confusion
193 Posts
There are a lot in my area, they all offer a refferal fee to plumbers that get them work. Basically you/customer calls them, they come out and estimate the job and, if they get the job you get cash. You don't have to be involved with the insurance end of things unless you fix something that is covered.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i had one call me 2 weeks ago. they said everyone else doesn't want to do it. and i know why.
i go out there to look at there water damaged appliances. they need to be checked out.
they are in a back bedroom. i tell them when will they be set in there spots. by the weekend. ok so on monday after the pumper show. i go and they are still in the back bedroom. i tell them to call me when they get them set up. i still have not gotten a call from a week ago. what a waste of my time. 2 trips for nothing. lesson learned. yes we charge a svc call. but i ran both when i drove by from other calls. so i'm not going to charge them. but the'll have to find some other sucker to go back a forth.
no wonder they can't find anyone to do it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have been approached by lots of these guys. Keep in mind a lot of the fire and water damage repair work they do requires plumbing. Anytime the replace floors or have to pull cabinets to dry a area or repair it, toilets and sinks need to be pulled and reset. If they want your referals they need to give you some work. My best customer is a restoration company. I am doing something for them everyday. It could be anything from setting a toilet to plumbing a house that burnt down.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
We recommend one company for flood work. When I interviewed at another shop, they mentioned that the give a list of 3 and let the customer do all the work. They said that their insurance co told them they could be held liable for the resto company they referred. That discussion hasn't come up with my current employer.

If you're going to referr resto, you really want to check these guys out first and get an idea with who you're dealing with. One co's rep seemed to be the girls who didn't want to dance around poles but still make a lot of $. They brought milk and cookies every friday.

The current co. brings over $100 in breakfast goods every wed., random calls with laker tix, trips to their Tahoe cabin and took the boss to their condo in Costa Rica. Resto is a profitable biz.

The big thing is not to push the job. If they want someone to dry up the mess or whatever, let them know you know somebody if their homeowners ins. is current. Also make sure you call with your full name and company info so you get your referral $. They really need you for their biz so don't mess around with any that don't take care of you or your customers.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I won't deal with these companies. I've watched them backstab a plumber who's given them tons of referrals, and when he had plumbing work go awry?

You'd think they was worst enemies in their rhetoric towards that plumber.

Make everyone look bad so you look good isn't always the right business tactic, especially if you're right in front of the customer and signing the paperwork...money is there chump, why push your stance just to rub it in.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I won't deal with these companies. I've watched them backstab a plumber who's given them tons of referrals, and when he had plumbing work go awry?

You'd think they was worst enemies in their rhetoric towards that plumber.

Make everyone look bad so you look good isn't always the right business tactic, especially if you're right in front of the customer and signing the paperwork...money is there chump, why push your stance just to rub it in.
I say if you can send someone a $200 to $500 referral fee, which alot of these abatement companys claim, your ripping off someone.:yes:

·
Banned
3 Posts
HI
Its really very good thing if you are professional in marketing in water damage cleanup and restoration. because its a basic problem for people now a days. people are in need of such kind of help with the insurance claims.
I appreciate you for this.
we are also professionals in online marketing of the same.

Thanks and Regards..
sherllin

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
sherllin

This site is for plumbing professionals only do not post to this site.

Thanks

Reactions: Don The Plumber

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Ive been helped by one water damage company...once its an insurance claim and sizeable they know how to extract..and get me my deductable...on small jobs they are very workable....and the one here is extremely knowledgeable on mold and can calm the customer down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts