Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an emergency call this weekend analyzed the customers problem which included pulling the master toilet.I reset the toilet and was about to leave when I decide the packing nut needs a 1/4 turn.The stop blows off and hits me with a full stream :eek:What did I do next?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were outside grilling for the big playoff party .The new flat screen and sound system were directly below the bathroom.:help:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I went to an emergency call this weekend analyzed the customers problem which included pulling the master toilet.I reset the toilet and was about to leave when I decide the packing nut needs a 1/4 turn.The stop blows off and hits me with a full stream :eek:What did I do next?
Calmly drag up and slowly sneak out the front door:laughing:

I have had something similar happen to me. Ended up taking my channel locks and pinching the end of the copper shut so I could go to the main shut off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fortunately the guy finally heard me yelling and shut off the water.Everything turned out OK ,but it was a soldered valve that was only soldered on the face how it held for as long as it did I'll never know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thats a good Idea Ilplumber.

I had this happen to me a month ago. I was called in for a toilet leak at the base. Turns out it was the supply flex on the 3/8" side. I think "hmmn I'll just tighten it a bit and see what happens"...

Well, the stop broke in half and I hardly put any pressure on it. Luckily the HO was standing there and new how to shut his water off. I palmed it to minimize the flood.

I keep channel locks in my back pocket... Wish I would have thought about pinching it off...

Anyways, I now take a sharkbite cap with me whan I decide to play with angle stops :) I'm scarred fro life!

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
i have had that happen before, it sucked big time. Talk about something that could make you look like a rooky. That would do it. Nice idea about the sharkbite Smells.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts