Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to take my journymans test in washington state and i cant seem to find any thing to prepair for the wase and vent sizing section of the test :furious: If anyony has any suggestions on where to find some practice it would really help.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Code book:blink:

You served an apprenticeship and can't size vents:blink:

I'm not trying to bust balls. Just being realistic.

And as always have a wonderful day:thumbup:
signed,
Kinder Gentler ILPlumber

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Table 7.3 and table 7.5 but you should know the entire section of the UPC code, learn it, know it, not sure your test is open book or not, when I took it here in Oregon it was a non open book.

Good Luck on your test.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
It is not a joke, dude your kidding right, your about to take the test and you have no clue how to size waste and vent?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
haha i read the book. Its closed book and i just want some practice. anyone have some funnyer jokes or suggestions.
The funniest joke of all is being close to turning out and not being able to size vents. That's funny right thar, I don't care who you are.
Love,
ILPlumber

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just looking for some practice forum. I do understand the concept. It has just been a while since i have had to do an isometric sizing.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
In school we had a 3 story blank side view of a building. Teach walked by with a pencil and drew fixtures here the and everywhere on all 3 floors. Then he would say "Draw it you got 10 minutes". For practice just do that randomly placing fixtures on each level.

Other than that I got nothin.

Sincerely,
ILPLumber

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
This is no practice forum, we are all plumbers on here, what makes you qualified to even take the test?

Tony let me ask you this, your from Idaho right, so it says in your profile, do you know how to size waste and vents there? Idaho uses upc, and it won't be that much more different then in Washington.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
im just looking for some practice forum. I do understand the concept. It has just been a while since i have had to do an isometric sizing.
Isometric sizing?

You size a drawing by notations, you don't draw the pipes to scale.

Your code book has a table that specifies vent sizes for DFU's, that is what you need to know, it has nothing whatsoever to do with drawing.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I'm almost convinced the member is not a plumber at all, says the code book is a joke, is from Idaho and says going for the test in Washington, come on tony give us an intro.

Please tell me your a plumber, better yet tell us all who you are.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I agree Ron.

If he is a DIYer he gets an attaboy for slyness.;)

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Why bother to size em at all? Just slap an AAV on and be done with it:thumbsup:
You mean like this? I found a website that shows you how to plumb an entire building using studor vents!:eek:LOL
I guess you're right, no need to size anything anymore! Make sure you pass this info on to your class.:whistling2:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am getting ready to take my journymans test in washington state and i cant seem to find any thing to prepair for the wase and vent sizing section of the test :furious: If anyony has any suggestions on where to find some practice it would really help.
:bangin:

Tony, if you can't figure out the sizing for the DWV section, which is one third of the exam score, I really hope you dig in to the water sizing section too, it is also about a third of your grade. Where are you taking the test?
Yakima or Spokane? Have you already submitted your application fees for the testing facility??
If you have not paid these fees yet, you will not be taking the test, that said, get some building drawings and start working them up. Same goes for sizing a commercial building. Good luck!!

Pat

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I need a vent attached to my little bald head so I can get some air after ILPLUMBER's

" Love" comments ,,, HAHAHAHA You are KILLIN'ME !!!

LMAO Thank you !!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts