Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when are we supposed to supply the vinyl mounting blocks for the sider contractors, never have I ever has to be the supplier of this product for the sider. I told them, I'll set the hose bib at the distance that want off the rough and then then can work around them. :furious:

Attachments

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
They should supply you the block. That way it matches the siding. The blocks made for outside light work perfectly for hose bibbs. They are about a 4" x 6" rectangle.

Reactions: Bill

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He wanted the plastic ones, well he has to get them, not me.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I never used one. I usually pull off the siding, add a piece of 1/2 plywood strip behind the siding, then drill my hole. When I mount the bib, it sits flat to the siding.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Last time I checked, we plumbers only supply the HB's, I ain't ever seen any siding in my rig.
:no:

He wanted the plastic ones, well he has to get them, not me.

Reactions: uaplumber

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last time I checked, we plumbers only supply the HB's, I ain't ever seen any siding in my rig.
:no:

That's what I told him, the contractor was getting on my nerves, then he asked if I would call him if in my rounds I come across them, I said sure, like I was really going to do just that. Why was he doing siding and not have what he wanted. I should have said, hell your the sider you should have them.

Reactions: M5Plumb

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Well what about roof flashings for the roofer? When ever we do a tub set, I always provide poly flashings for all my vents. Is that common anywhere else?

·
Registered
567 Posts
One way to look at that is, "it's your plumbing vent, if there is a leak, I'm calling the plumber"! Seen it too many times. You and I know, if we nave the best product to make our job better, it is only as good as the installer.

Well what about roof flashings for the roofer? When ever we do a tub set, I always provide poly flashings for all my vents. Is that common anywhere else?

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Most vinyl installers around her use those blocks. Only problem is that they center it on our stub out nipple and when you put the sillcock on, the handle is too close to the top of the block and its difficult to tun on or off. You can't get your hand on the handle without your knuckles getting scraped on the top edge of the block. I have told them to mount it lower to provide more room but they insist on centering it. Oh well, ain't my problem now.

Reactions: ROCKSTARPLUMBER

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
If it's a remodel with a new addition or new work, I just cut the hole and stick a pvc flashing in my terminal. If I am going through shingles and it's my hole and me flashing, lead all the way baby!:thumbsup:

sorry, went off topic. I rough for what they are installing, dont carry siding supplies on the rig:yes:

Suppose now we should have grass seed for when the outside cleanout is installed:whistling2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts