Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've resisted the temptaions to go off on my own and do jobs without a master plumbing license. What irks me is knowing that some large companies have done just that.

The company I worked for in Florida is a perfect example. The person holding the master plumbing license has ZERO field experiance. He would have us do work at his house that any first year plumber could easily handle.

I know of another company here in Cedar Rapids that is the same way. I'll contenue to do the right thing but it bugs the heck out of me that others do this and get away with it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
How can you be a master plumber without any field experience? Don't you need to complete hours to get a ticket?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can you be a master plumber without any field experience? Don't you need to complete hours to get a ticket?
Yes, unless you can get someone to lie for you about your experiance.

For example: the company I worked for bought out another companies service business. The service plumber came with but was only a journeyman. The operations manager of the business who bought them out took the masters test and passed and got his masters license.:furious:

Reactions: Protech

·
The Pipe Whisperer
393 Posts
I see it all the time where the boss cant do the work but has the license.
our company has the. but the guys with the license and the training do the work
be patient and get your license when you qualify. it will be worth it.
then start your own co.

·
Banned
361 Posts
Really the only difference in master and journeyman is on the masters test they ask a few business questions. At least that’s how it use to be. There’s no use for a masters here unless you want to open a business. Working your butt off is what matters here not which card you have other than what I’ve stated. I only speak for my area of the country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts