Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a situation I need the communities help. We used to have a tub which had a tiled frame around it. To our surprise when we remove it we fount this vent. We intend to put a free standing tub but need the vent pipe to be hidden. There is a header/beam in the way. I don’t want to cut into that. Any suggestions? What’s the right way to do this ?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think most freestanding tubs don’t need a vent nowadays, technology has come a long way.
Thanks for the reply. I just googled that but can’t find a vendor/manufacturer of a freestanding tub stating that and how they avoid requiring a vent. You have any links ?

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,402 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I just googled that but can’t find a vendor/manufacturer of a freestanding tub stating that and how they avoid requiring a vent. You have any links ?
They also don’t tell you how to tie your shoes, what pipe or faucet to use, theyre not going to tell you about this. Their responsibility ends at manufacturing the tub, what you do with it, how it’s installed, plumbing code, or what materials go into the doesn’t matter to them. Beside every state, city, Provence, country have dif and varying plumbing codes, they would have to make countless models of tubs to fit every code, material etc..

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I have a situation I need the communities help. We used to have a tub which had a tiled frame around it. To our surprise when we remove it we fount this vent. We intend to put a free standing tub but need the vent pipe to be hidden. There is a header/beam in the way. I don’t want to cut into that. Any suggestions? What’s the right way to do this ?

View attachment 129836

View attachment 129837
That beam is nothing,just cut it completely out of the way easy peazy good to go,don't forget to set the new tub on a bed of hydraulic cement

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
I like free standing tubs as much as I like pedestal sinks. Both should be illegal. Matter of fact, my wife was excited about the claw foot tub in our house. She hates it. All I can say is, told you so.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,402 Posts
I like free standing tubs as much as I like pedestal sinks. Both should be illegal. Matter of fact, my wife was excited about the claw foot tub in our house. She hates it. All I can say is, told you so.
Ped sinks should be illegal!
I did a free standing tub last week, that wasn’t so bad, since the ceiling below was in rough shape, we cut it open to set the trap.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I like free standing tubs as much as I like pedestal sinks. Both should be illegal. ..........
Ped sinks should be illegal!
Pedestal sinks are fine when they are set correctly, of course most install guys couldn't give two schits because they don't know anything about actually fixing plumbing.

No room for repair parts in the tool boxes of that open body pickup.

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
I was told by admin I was too harsh on the diy. So from now on I will be nice to them and let them post as much as they want. You guys have to be nice too! 🎪

1 - 12 of 12 Posts