Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there had experience with this brand? I just had a nightmare installation- the customer couldn't get the "cement" out of their water and I had to remove the unit. The supply house swears this has never happened before. This product was installed in Westchester county, NY. Any information would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Come on guys, he's talking about a "stone lined" tank. Unless you guys think someone actually carves a tank out of granite to make a stone lined tank.

I have put in a lot of Vaughns and never had an issue with the lining, but I have had a few issues with their gaskets on their "Top performer".

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Same here. Top performer is anything but, howeve I have been installing Vaughn tanks for years with very few problems and they stand by their warranty.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I never really had that complaint about discolored water after installation. Maybe the manufacturer didn't properly flush the tank before shipment? these aren't bad tanks by any stretch, I think that Vaughn manufactures all the indirects for Burnham (if memory serves me)

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
Well hell, I have never heard of nor have I seen a stone lined tank. So maybe I was a little quick with the orange smock. Mea Culpa. I am sorry.

I am coming up with alot of Flintstones jokes right now. Pretty funny to me but they really don't go with my honest apology. Oh well, there I go laughing by myself again:jester:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts