Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Another reason for a sluggish truck is the AFM sensor and or throttle body/position sensor. Had to replace that in my current chev 2500 express. I tried the AFM sensor and that wasn't it so I tried the TP sensor.
The sluggishness was because when that solenoid fails the computer puts the van in “limp” mode. It defaults to 3rd gear so starting off was really slow but once I was up to speed it drove fine.

The repair went fine and I’m good and fixed

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
Yeah that freaking limp bizkit mode! When my TP sensor went out and I needed to go to jobs the truck would only run 2-30-50 km/hr and it ramped up so slow, I would erase the code and it would become normal again. One morning however the freaking OBD2 scanner started to smoke! F-me and I couldn't erase the code and i was going nowhere fast. I over nighted a new scanner but got my part in first. I installed my sensor in a parking lot and it was really snowing hard. Several construction worker finished their day on a jobsite right beside the lot and walking by me and I hoped no one would recognize me.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
My radiator has been leaking for a while so I replaced it yesterday. Got everything done and time to test it. I opened the driver side door and heard a small clunk from the door. Fired up the van and everything is working great. I closed the door and heard another clunk and a clink. I try to open the door and nothing, the outside door handle broke internally. I ordered a new one but this week is going to suck opening the driver side door from the passenger side.
Automotive tire Grille Mesh Motor vehicle Wood

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I remember now why people buy new stuff. I might have gotten a awesome price on my dump truck but it’s sure come back to bite me lately. Just cost my 6500$ for the annual safety. Minus the oil pan I had to put in it from a stone.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
2 weeks ago I changed my fuel pump, that was fun dropping the gas tank and all. This morning I saw a stain under the front of the van, I looked underneath and saw coolant leaking out of the weep hole of the water pump. That’ll be a fun little project.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
About 4 months ago I was at a long time customers house and asked him about his Chevy Express sitting in the driveway, he said he just uses it for storage. I asked him if he wanted to sell it and he said he looked into donating it and he wouldn’t get much of a tax write off so I can just have it if I want it when he empties it. I went there two months ago for another repair and he didn’t mention it so I didn’t either. I went there two days ago for a toilet repair and as I was leaving he said he’s going to empty it and give me a call to pick it up. It’s early 2000s with less than 100,000 miles on it. We’ll see what happens.
Automotive parking light Plant Car Tire Land vehicle

41 - 50 of 50 Posts