Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
When we had vans. We used gmc 3500 extended. Only one with a stretched wheelbase rather than tacking 2 feet on the end of the van. They rode a drove quite nicely.

Had dodge maxi before that. Short wheelbase and long van didn't pull trailer too well.

One thing we did with the gmc was to load it like it was going to be driven and go to a spring shop for custom made helper springs. They set it back to factory ride height and made it ride like a caddy.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you say used, do you mean USED? i have a '70 ford e200. i'd call it used.

paul
Actually the answer that i m looking for, are the dodge rams worth buying years 2000 and below.I can find a lot of them for 6000 and below,I m going 2006 if the loan goes through,but a reliable used van can make me get into business doing drain cleaning while i wait to do my masters in march.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Wet, I think he means contractors license.

I love Ford, I tell you what. used ford is great to build your company with. Ford cars suck, but trucks and vans are great.

I have a 2002 e150 :eek: packed with air bags (suspension), 97,000 miles, not to many problems. 1 here and there, but my buddy has a ford e150 with 187,000 miles, problem here and there. still ticking strong. my other buddy had a e350 with 200,000 and had to do a motor and transmission finally.

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Dodge

Dodge: Means to advoid

J/K I just bought an 93 Dodge B250 Van had 98,000 miles with 318 in it 4 speed auto gets around 11-13 MPG

on ice and snow it sucks has no weight in the rear. Fords seem to weight more. I had to use my plow truck and a chain and drag my van up the driveway.

Last Tues. I ran into a firehydrant (slid down a hill of ice into it!) It handles impact pretty good.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Masters in What?

What are you going back to school for, I mean what is the topic?
In montreal,your journey man card, which we call compagnon card,(french ),allows you to work for a company. A master plumber,here means you have a contractors lisence. Not sure,but I think you are obliged to open a company or they take it away.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an E250 Ford van. I get great service from it. That van is used 5 to 7 days a week.2 mo. ago I got a step van,like a ups truck.We are stil stocking up the truck,but have done some jobs out of it.You can walk in standup. The step van ton and a half.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts