Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently have a Quick-pen license and digitizer, etc.... that we purchased in January of 2006. Didn't hardly get it set up and decided to go in a different direction. If you are not familiar with Quick-Pen, look it up. It is the cadilac of estimating systems. I paid $20,000.00+ for the system. I am willing to part ways for the best offer I receive by 01-15-2009. Make an offer, you never know. I would also be willing to help set up and train. (If within reasonable distance) We also paid for a four day school in Denver which we never did use. I will find out if it can still be used.
Respond back to [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, nobody was taken here. In fact any company doing $1,000,000.00 plus jobs is dumping large amounts of money down the toilet if they are not using quick-pen. It is my guess that any real contractor would certainly rather do his estimates, project management, and cost accounting for a discount of 75-80 percent of the cost of doing things the way they did them 30 years ago.( Don't knock it if you have not tried it. (Which you obviously have not) The reason this one is for sale is because I have sold our construction portion of the business and kept the engineering/consulting division and the new owners wanted to purchase only two of our pens at this time. I was hoping that someone who has reached sales high enough but couldn't afford a new system could use this. If you would go back and read what I wrote you will see that I am not trying to make any money. Just hoping to help someone out and not be belittled in the meantime for doing so.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Dude,

All I am saying is that the thing sucked, I am sure.

If the PEN or whatever it was was 20k, and its now 2 years later and you're sayng "I have no use for it"...then obviously it had a ****ty ROI.

Why the hell would you want to pass that on to a fellow brother plumber?

I mean I could see if you were trying to sell a snake, ridgid machine..or something.....

But to come into a professional plumbing forum and treat the place like this is some half step ebay party is just silly....

Go to ebay and sell that crap. Yea , its crap I said it again

OH AND I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW:
that we purchased in January of 2006. Didn't hardly get it set up and decided to go in a different direction.
After spending 20k on a pen, what could have been the other direction?

I would love to here this......

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
I would also be willing to help set up and train. (If within reasonable distance) We also paid for a four day school in Denver which we never did use.
Thats my favorite part. You paid for a school that you didn't go to. But, you can train someone on it. Are you sure your not an engineer;)

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Ok , I talked it over with the wife. We can give $50 for it. I always wanted a faster writing pen. It ain't low on ink is it?

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Thats my favorite part. You paid for a school that you didn't go to. But, you can train someone on it. Are you sure your not an engineer;)
LMAO - DUDE - HAHAHA I LOVE YOU :)

I was going to point that out as well, but he already attacked me :)

Yea, I would say this is :

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the reason I quit using forums in the past. For the most part there is always a group of wanna be plumbers who never have, and never will advance to the status of being a professional. They know only a very tiny portion of the trade and/or business and tend to bash anyone who has made well for themselves.
Just recently I was at a regional meeting for plumbing professionals and forums were brought up for a possible source help with unusual problems. Most attendees laughed and most had a story of a forum they had tried but didn't want to waste time with the few clowns who have nothing better to do than put down serious professionals.
By the way, each time a new seat is purchased from quick pen, two employess are offered a four day school. It's obvious you either can't read, or didn't care to read my entire post.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
This is the reason I quit using forums in the past. For the most part there is always a group of wanna be plumbers who never have, and never will advance to the status of being a professional. They know only a very tiny portion of the trade and/or business and tend to bash anyone who has made well for themselves.
And that there my friend shows your TRUE professionalism. See we never made fun of you or your business personally. In fact we made fun of a 20k pen that you were trying to unload on what you thought was a bunch of ignorant people.

But to your surprise you found a highly educated group that will not tolerate your lack of disobedience and spam.

Just recently I was at a regional meeting for plumbing professionals and forums were brought up for a possible source help with unusual problems. Most attendees laughed and most had a story of a forum they had tried but didn't want to waste time with the few clowns who have nothing better to do than put down serious professionals.
Right....That's why we have a great bunch of people here that have thousands of posts.

Sorry ...BUT most of our into's here go like the following: "Hi, I am, I am from"

NOT - "Hey , wanna buy this "

You know how it feels man, I am sure when a telemarketer calls you you're not like " Oh hey, Thanks for calling"...are you.....yea..that is what I thought ...but then again you did buy a 20k pen and never used it.....

Your probably like: " Please take me off the list"

So what are we to expect, as your first intro was a sales post on a non sales forum....

Like you said yourself, this is a plumbing forum, not ebay or craiglist

By the way, each time a new seat is purchased from quick pen, two employees are offered a four day school. It's obvious you either can't read, or didn't care to read my entire post.
WOW - and yet another insult from the master of NOT reading....

When you hit the home page you saw what I have taken screen shots of below, and also the mods asked you several times as well to please introduce yourself, which of yet you still have not done.

So yea - The fact that you are trying to insult me when you don't even have the respect for these forum rules or the moderating team is just plain not going to work on me.

SO yea, In conclusion: Go back to your trade shows , tell them that you came to a professional plumbing forum, you registered and then broke the rules from the word go, then your first post was like a vacuum cleaner salesman on a Saturday morning knocking down the door followed by insulting everyone one in the forum by calling us "wanna-b's"

Yea, OK - dude , no wonder that guy rooked you into a 20k pen :)

YEA, but WAIT were idiots right?....haha you bought a 20k pen :)

Oh here is that screen shot that you obviously did not read

http://www.plumbingzone.com/members/*******-352/albums/random/111-intro.jpg

http://www.plumbingzone.com/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://www.plumbingzone.com/members/*******-352/albums/random/111-intro.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
oH !

Hold the phone, I just want to point out one more thing:

You see this:

That right there also shows me that you had NO intention of ever becoming a serious member here either, and here is how I got there

1. A person that had true intentions on being a member would have at least said
  2. "if interested post here or private message me"

So yea ...OK I am done

1 - 20 of 33 Posts