Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a 90 degree turn down out the back of a urinal in a 2x4 wall. The urinal has a 2" female threaded brass coupling. Any PVC that I try to use ends up taking up more than the 3 1/2" of space I have in the wall. I need to end up with the standard 1 1/2" drain pipe. Either reducing down first or after a PVC elbow both take up too much space because the only coupling I've found for the brass is a male threaded 2" to a female 2", and that sticks out too far when you add the elbow. I've found a galvanized coupler to a galvanized threaded elbow that will get me to vertical within the gap OK, but -here's my question (finally): is the corrosive nature of urine something to worry about with respect to the galvanized coupler and elbow ? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guitpicker this forum is for professional plumbers only. Due to the nature of your question it seems you are a DIY'er.

here is a link thatperhaps is better suited for your question. http://www.diychatroom.com/
Yes or no would have taken less typing. So you don't have an answer and would rather I didn't get advice here ? Yes, I'm doing new installation on a commercial renovation in a small town. I am not a licensed plumber, but a jack of a lot of trades. I didn't ask what color wrench is your favorite. I'm quite sure that other "professionals" just might be interested.
BTW, the forum rules say I just need to be over 13.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Ah yes, but then again, Nathan did place a big red banner at the top right of this page. Also Nathan did put in the registration form "What is your trade?"

Ah yes, here it is:
Additional Required Information (profile) What is your Plumbing related field/trade: PlumbingZone.com is for plumbing and mechanical professionals only! DIY homeowners should register at: DIY Chatroom
Please Enter your plumbing related field/trade in the text box below.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
It absolutely AMAZES me that the mere presence of the words "plumbing forum" seems to have come to mean you can simply type a question and all but demand a response.

Has there been some Nat'l code referendum that mandates plumbers be categorized as a charity?
Do I get a tax break?

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
It absolutely AMAZES me that the mere presence of the words "plumbing forum" seems to have come to mean you can simply type a question and all but demand a response.

Has there been some Nat'l code referendum that mandates plumbers be categorized as a charity?
Do I get a tax break?

This goes along the lines of "FREE ESTIMATES" hate it, you will never see that on any of my trucks. People have come to think we are so hard up for work, or our time is worht nothing. Upsetting. :yes:

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Time and time again I have fixed plumbing that has been done by a diy because they didnt want to pay "an outrageous amount" It aint outrageous if its done right by someone who specializes in it... your right its upsetting

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
This goes along the lines of "FREE ESTIMATES" hate it, you will never see that on any of my trucks. People have come to think we are so hard up for work, or our time is worht nothing. Upsetting. :yes:
The kicker here is the guy openly admits he does work without a license, yet expects us to help as he steals the work...I'm sure Nathan peeks in and shakes his head...but dam I think I could get used to this!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Guitpicker please take your question to DIYChatroom, this forum is not for DIY'ers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.