Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
what da ya tell the handy hack on the phone what did he say? :laughing: is he going to let you ripp out the tile and set the pan properly then re tile outta pocket lol

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,622 Posts
my new word for the week

What the heck is a "intersticial space"?:laughing:
that is a word you use to baffle the customer and make
what you are doing look more complicated and important than it really is... "intersticial space"........
it makes me feel smarter just saying it....

he could have just said "the living room ceiling" but
you got to give them a "dog and pony show" .....

actualy while watching the video it really looked like his test plug was not
holding the water, looked like the water passed right down the drain to me...

So, I wonder who is trying to screw who here????

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
what you are doing look more complicated and important than it really is... "intersticial space"........

the hack probably did not even install the right drain for this work,,,

I'm going to use that word next week and blow my customers minds! They'll think I'm sort of educamated.:laughing:
Just giving ya shiot protech, it was funny though.:thumbsup:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see, so you are saying that a fully inflated test ball in a brand new line is leaking water and not only leaking but leaking that fast? Simply brilliant.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I moved the drain from the old tub location as well as installed the new shower valve. I came back to put the trim on the valve and when I turned on the valve to flush the shower riser and shower arm out, the drain.....didn't. When I walked down stairs to tell the HO about it I see a waterfall coming out of the light fixture. Unfortunately, by the time I got back from the truck with the video camera the water feature was almost over :laughing:.

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
that Is A Word You Use To Baffle The Customer And Make
what You Are Doing Look More Complicated And Important Than It Really Is... "intersticial Space"........
it Makes Me Feel Smarter Just Saying It....

he Could Have Just Said "the Living Room Ceiling" But
you Got To Give Them A "dog And Pony Show" .....

actualy While Watching The Video It Really Looked Like His Test Plug Was Not
holding The Water, Looked Like The Water Passed Right Down The Drain To Me...

so, I Wonder Who Is Trying To Screw Who Here????
Wtf?????

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
I'm not taking sides here but something is screwy here. The water does go down the drain, so why would there be a place for the water to leak out if it's running down the drain? If it's not leaking past the donkeydick then there is a problem with the drain fitting connection right? If it was the pan wouldn't the water be leaking out around the outside edge instead of down the drain? From what I'm seeing it has nothing to do with the shower pan.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't believe I'm getting responses like this from a site that consists mostly of master plumbers. OK, I'm gonna draw a picture for ya and brake it down for ya. Hang on.........

I'm not taking sides here but something is screwy here. The water does go down the drain, so why would there be a place for the water to leak out if it's running down the drain? If it's not leaking past the donkeydick then there is a problem with the drain fitting connection right? If it was the pan wouldn't the water be leaking out around the outside edge instead of down the drain? From what I'm seeing it has nothing to do with the shower pan.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Basic shower pan set up:
So how is the water that's flowing DOWN the drain ending up in the living room caused from the shower pan?

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
you can clearly tell that the bubble or white thing going in circles is above the test ball. You can cleary tell it is above the top of the drain. If the ball allowed water to go down the drain that fast the test ball would not stay that high in the pipe. There is no way it's going down the drain.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
But there is no water left above the test ball at all in the drain....:whistling2:

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
Basic shower pan set up:
So how is the water that's flowing DOWN the drain ending up in the living room caused from the shower pan?

It's leaking between the bottom of the pan and the top part of the bottom flange. It will do that if you don't seal it with something. Here we must put silicone between the two.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts