Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not find a fill valve with the copper refill tube for a universal rundle toilet. The one in it is a Coast Foundry 1b1 master. Our supply house has the 1b1 but it is all plastic with a built on nipple for the rubber fill tube. Does anybody know where to find one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The fill tube has to be rigid because the entire flush valve tilts when flushed. I tried to sale a complete rebuild but she wanted to be difficult. I will probably tell her I am going to have to do a complete rebuild.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Universal rundle is a PITA! I worked on one years ago. The flush valve went bad and we could not find a replacement. I used a stick on universal type which worked pretty well. Been on there for about 5 years.

Now the fill valve? I just dont know

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'd like to see a pic, too. I have UR parts somewhere in stock and I think I remember how the tube needs to be ridgid. Could you use a longer flex tube?

A rebuild sounds good. The Douglas valve should cost less than a new tilt valve. (Unless you're just changing the rubber seal.)

·
Registered
265 Posts
We still have a couple of clients that have these toilets in service. I think either HODESCO, Plumbmaster, or Crest/Good has the tilt valve, fill valve and refill tube available.

·
Registered
265 Posts
All of the U/R I've worked on have been two piece, close coupled. Not sure if there ever was a one piece available.

The only similarity between U/R and the Kohler Pillow Talk and Rialto is the price of the repair parts. Not inexpensive by any means!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
wolverine brass makes a brass fill valve with copper refill tube that can be bent for these toilets. i have repaired several with this fill valve

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
wolverine brass makes a brass fill valve with copper refill tube that can be bent for these toilets. i have repaired several with this fill valve
Fine except the fill valve is worth more than the toilet! :laughing:

are those toilets anything like those kohler low boy toilets?
Worse!

The flush valve is a tilt type valve...
Sears & Roebuck used to sell these POS toilets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Many older customers are set in their ways and don't wan't a new white toilet to go with their blue or green tub and sink. A fluidmaster works great will the refill clip accessory they sell or a new flush valve with a basic flapper will do. One piece toilets are stuck with the accesory option which is nothing but a metal clip that holds the bowl refill tube above the overflow without touching it. Nothing like happy old people.:thumbup:

And you don't have to screw them to fix it.. Remember, your gonna get old too....:yes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts