Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Il Lic. Plumber
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was installing an outdoor kitchen sink and felt something pecking at my boot while I was under the cabinet. Crawled out and lo and behold a chicken. House on large local lake , high dollar home . Homeowners gave their kids some chick's for Easter . This is the only one to survive. Racoons ate the rest . It seemed to like company as I couldn't get rid of it . Stayed near me the whole afternoon.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
One of my most memorable calls, I was servicing an old tub faucet and a lav faucet, and this kitten comes in and starts prancing around sniffing every tool, tried to bite my beater and walk off with it. It weighed almost as much as the kitten! Cute little guy, I think I played with it longer than it took me to fix the faucets.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Was installing an outdoor kitchen sink and felt something pecking at my boot while I was under the cabinet. Crawled out and lo and behold a chicken. House on large local lake , high dollar home . Homeowners gave their kids some chick's for Easter . This is the only one to survive. * ate the rest . It seemed to like company as I couldn't get rid of it . Stayed near me the whole afternoon.
View attachment 129905
she was looking for her cock lolololo

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Where's the towel under the tools on the counter?
I agree, I carry in two 3x5 drop cloths. One for me, and one for my tools. I always keep a clean rag in the bag for my tools if I put them on the counter, like when rebuilding a faucet.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Concrete counter tops. Be pretty hard to hurt those . If I put a blue shop towel underneath would you guys feel better.
Yes. We're used to our panty liners, not like you macho type plumbers we see in paper towel commercials.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
Master Plumber
382 Posts
We installed a boiler at a rail yard that’s built on the same property as a capped landfill. The owners of the rail yard are responsible for maintaining the cap on the landfill so they got a bunch of goats to keep the hills from becoming overgrown. We still go back there all the time to do service and I always bring extra food with me to feed the goats. It’s one of my favorite places to work.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We installed a boiler at a rail yard that’s built on the same property as a capped landfill. The owners of the rail yard are responsible for maintaining the cap on the landfill so they got a bunch of goats to keep the hills from becoming overgrown. We still go back there all the time to do service and I always bring extra food with me to feed the goats. It’s one of my favorite places to work.
The house next to the shop I apprenticed at had a goat as a 4h project for the kids. It would wander over to the shop every so often. One guy was a citiot and was afraid of it, so we always used to coax it into his truck and close the door. Once he opened it the thing would scare the sh!t out of him.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
My best animal service call was with a huge bull dog named Brutis. He was about the friendliest dog you've ever seen. Now, I like dogs. But its hard to get up under a lav to replace a pop-up with a 75lb bull dog wanting to get in the narrow cabinet with you.

Somehow it was adorable.

Also, noteworthy, generally little boys with soldering. They seem to be enamored with the torch.

·
Super Moderator
9,605 Posts
I have lots of repeat customers that have pets. Probably my favorite is a service dog for a Vietnam Navy vet. If anything happens to his master, I’ve been ordered to take him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts