Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early version of this made from tubular pipe but then I saw Twicepipes drain contraption and thought mine could be improved, I espicially liked the hose bibb. It's all 2" pvc. The grey fernco goes on the sink tailpiece and the black fernco goes on the drain pipe once the ptrap is removed. Run the water in the sink so there's no cross contamination. My old version was long enough to stick out from under the sink so I'm not jammed up under there. I keep it steady with a bungee cord that attaches to a bracket that hangs on the lip of the sink. Version 2.0 is long enough to do the same thing. Makes for a very clean drain snaking even when dealing with black grease.

Attachments

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry, the only problem with that is possible cross contamination. My method has a air gap so cross contamination is elimanated.

·
Registered
538 Posts
lol. nice! it looks very nice! kudos indeed! i cant personally say i would take the time to use it tho. lol.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 choices- tighten 2 ferncos and attach a bungee cord to the edge of the sink OR work cramped under a sink while black crap is flinging off your cable that you get to clean up later. Hard choice.

·
Registered
538 Posts
lol. well the cramped space thing doesnt rele pertain to me so much as it would to u...im a pretty short guy so i have no problems.lol. and as far as blak gunk " flinging".....well if you keep the head of your machine butted against the trap adapter there usually isnt a mess...

·
Registered
218 Posts
don t want to insult anyones invention,and I am new to the site,but y not just install a cleanout,pass your fish through,if its clogged ,youll see the level in the y,ounce the water dissapears keep on fishing and clean the line out with cold water.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Welcome to PZ, how about an intro?

That's what his rig is for, I don't know about you but I haven't seen wyes cut in underneath kitchen sinks, but I am sure they do in places just not where I am at. Its a pretty good idea, especially when you extract your cable. black water and grease really makes for a bad day

·
Registered
218 Posts
names tony,from montreal canada,stop laughing.we always install y s with clean outs,and its very common in the household.you can get nailed in a apt building where your line is down the drain,and the people above are using the sinks ,after you told them not to,and that black gunk is pouring out.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
Dude this is totally why I joined this site. I'm totally stealing that tomarrow. You better get a patent on that thing befor RIDGED see's it.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
names tony,from montreal canada,stop laughing.we always install y s with clean outs,and its very common in the household.you can get nailed in a apt building where your line is down the drain,and the people above are using the sinks ,after you told them not to,and that black gunk is pouring out.
True, but the contraption is great for cabinet sinks that don't have wyes installed in them.

·
Banned
383 Posts
seems practical, but i think tlc autopsy has the patent on that piece of equiptment. contact Dr.G. on your patent search.:laughing:

seriously seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Gear ,

do you have to cut the drop 90 off of the trap ? What if you have no room to install a new one ? Not enough sticking out of wall .....

Looks like a GREAT idea !

Cal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts