Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On call, slab leak, was gone for a few hours, back there tomorrow, leak detectors to show up, so I won't be around tomorrow, had to shut complex down all together tonight.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
On call, slab leak, was gone for a few hours, back there tomorrow, leak detectors to show up, so I won't be around tomorrow, had to shut complex down all together tonight.

I hate slab leaks, I always try to re-route. Good luck, hope it isn't under the cabinet with the tile counter top :furious:

Next time I get a slab leak, I will call Viega to see if the fitting is listed as being approved for under slab, inside building. A local inspector said it would be cool with him, as long as it was listed as approved by the manufacturer. Easier then brazing. :thumbup:

Good luck and have fun!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done, thank goodness the concrete cutting company works on weekend emergencies, or I'd still be there, never did see the problem spot but is was beneath the footing, did a slight reroute, 6.25 hrs each with a helper. Forgot to get pictures. American Leak Detectors sure to charge allot on a Sunday, but was will worth it. We have reason to believe a capped line came apart under the slab.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Done, thank goodness the concrete cutting company works on weekend emergencies, or I'd still be there, never did see the problem spot but is was beneath the footing, did a slight reroute, 6.25 hrs each with a helper. Forgot to get pictures. American Leak Detectors sure to charge allot on a Sunday, but was will worth it. We have reason to believe a capped line came apart under the slab.

You ended up going anyways. good job, bet you glad it is over, and it opened your day up for tomorrow :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You ended up going anyways. good job, bet you glad it is over, and it opened your day up for tomorrow :thumbup:

When I said I would not be around I meant on here, yes glad it's done, all in all a made near $600 off the commission.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not for RR but the company I work for pays a commission.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Not for RR but the company I work for pays a commission.

i wish i still got payed commmission. i worked for a local company that was bought and "incorporated" into another local company that is a national franchise. the owners are doing very well, i'm making less than 75% of what i did last year.

oh, i love slab leaks. i don't like doing the leak detection too much, i always get nervous when i blow open the slab but i've yet to be off my more than a foot or so.

paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts