Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know anything about Ultima Solar boilers? There is one fitted in the house I’ve just bought and I’ m looking for a copy of an instruction manual please. It has a (Spanish made) AKO control unit. I believe Ultima Solar went into liquidation about 10 years ago. Many thanks.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Hello, does anyone know anything about Ultima Solar boilers? There is one fitted in the house I’ve just bought and I’ m looking for a copy of an instruction manual please. It has a (Spanish made) AKO control unit. I believe Ultima Solar went into liquidation about 10 years ago. Many thanks.

Awesome boilers, I have 6 in my house. 1 per bathroom. What model do you have?

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,358 Posts
you are in deep chit.....

a spanish solar boiler....

I am pretty sure our government is looking into
the feasibility of these little jewels and will they eventually try to
push them on everyone just like the electric cars......

good luck and may god have mercy on your soul...

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
you are in deep chit.....

a spanish solar boiler....

I am pretty sure our government is looking into
the feasibility of these little jewels and will they eventually try to
push them on everyone just like the electric cars......

good luck and may god have mercy on your soul...
Solar water heaters were a thing around here decades ago around the same time electric was cheaper than fuel oil for heat. That lasted for a hot minute before the price per kw went way up. No one wanted to pay to run circ pumps all the time and heat pumps weren't as efficient as they are now.

Funny enough, I had a buddy recently ask for help with a solar water heater setup so he can turn off his boiler during the summer.

·
8,358 Posts
Solar water heaters were a thing around here decades ago around the same time electric was cheaper than fuel oil for heat. That lasted for a hot minute before the price per kw went way up. No one wanted to pay to run circ pumps all the time and heat pumps weren't as efficient as they are now.

Funny enough, I had a buddy recently ask for help with a solar water heater setup so he can turn off his boiler during the summer.
I dealt with solar water heaters for a short while and realized they were a joke
of course once the govenment tax credits ended all the solar systems and companies
who sold them went out of business......

everyone got stuck holding the bag

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

I think that is what these contraptions are
Rectangle Wood Sky Asphalt Automotive exterior

·
8,358 Posts
I think that is what these contraptions are View attachment 133009
Those were hell to install

I think that they are some kind of forced air type of panel unless they have already
cut out the copper plumbing to them....

brings back fond memories

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
If the plumber knows what he is doing they can be good, save the customer some money. But then the customer is married to that guy because no one else is going to want to service the system. And of course the guys who installs these are usually older, the customer only gets 5-10 good years until the guy has a heart attack and no one around wants to service it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts