Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Moen makes a decent one but they all look gaudy and too big you can tell it was converted. I try to upsell into a complete remodel and do the job right!

·
since '85 /w G. Smiley
91 Posts
2H to SH

smitty plates work but yea they look bad, OK for rentals, I always try to talk em into just rebuilding 2 handle valves, easy to fix, good volume, rugged, reliable, just not sexy.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Moen makes a decent one but they all look gaudy and too big you can tell it was converted. I try to upsell into a complete remodel and do the job right!

I use Pasco ones because of the lower prices. The Moens are nicer and quite a bit more $$ but they all look bad. I try to only use them on rentals. When these situations arise, it makes me wish I was more proficient at tile. I would like to be able to offer an entirely new surround but I'm not that good...

yet. ;)

Paul

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've usually use the Smitty as a get by, but I have used Wolverine Brass a time or two.
Funny thing is in Section 8 rentals, the tenant LOVE the Smitty plate because it is shiny. I put in a two tone Wolverine brass faucet in a Section 8 a few years ago and the tenant thought I was "hookin' them up" because their faucet was "gold n' 'plat-num'":thumbup:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've usually use the Smitty as a get by, but I have used Wolverine Brass a time or two.
Funny thing is in Section 8 rentals, the tenant LOVE the Smitty plate because it is shiny. I put in a two tone Wolverine brass faucet in a Section 8 a few years ago and the tenant thought I was "hookin' them up" because their faucet was "gold n' 'plat-num'":thumbup:
Right on! Thats almost as good as gold tooth up front!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I use the Moen plates myself. I used to use the Pasco ones because they were cheaper, but every time I installed one, I'd end up with cuts on my fingers from the sharp edges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts