Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
It isn't hard to understand why the toilet leaked in the first place, looking at the "professional" installation with no bolt caps, that useless plastic horn, and that water line piped in from the side wall.

I guess I never knew what it took to be a master plumber . . .

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
If he is a master plumber :eek:), then why in the world did it take him from August to November to set that stool. Thats where T&M would be good!
:2guns:DIYers ;o)

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
hey, did anyone notice the rubber gloves?
Thats what I been doing wrong, no wonder I am not a professional plumber! Forget the gloves!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That blue metal closet flange is no way code approved, those flanges rust out to nothing.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In what code? They are allowed in all the codes I have worked in. Though I agree with you that they can rust out. The pvc ones are even worse, they crack.
What flanges do you prefer Ron?
UPC Code here is the passage.It is not any material shown in my code. It's painted steel. I prefer schd 40

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I just 2 days ago had to replace a PVC flange that was cracked. I never had a problem with the metal flanged ring type rusting out as long as the seal is good, there should be no wories about it.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use ABS but if it's PVC then the Schd 40 one.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The one I replaced looked like it had a yellow tinge to it, sort of like it was left in the sun for a while
Was it Schd 40? I've seen some pvc ones there was so flimsy the flange pulled up when you tighten up the bowl to the floor.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
Just finished about an hour ago replacing a broken pvc flange with blue painted steel flange. With a properly installed wax ring, I do not ever expect that water will even come into contact with this flange, that is what the wax ring is for.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Just finished about an hour ago replacing a broken pvc flange with blue painted steel flange. With a properly installed wax ring, I do not ever expect that water will even come into contact with this flange, that is what the wax ring is for.
My thought exactly. But there are many here, so maybe someone can verify Rons theory that they rust. maybe the water actually comes from unsealed toilet base and when HO mops the excess gets under and rusts the metal flange?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My thought exactly. But there are many here, so maybe someone can verify Rons theory that they rust. maybe the water actually comes from unsealed toilet base and when HO mops the excess gets under and rusts the metal flange?
Theory?

Tell me you have never found one all rusted out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts