Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Al it takes it is a little further research.>>>>> Minimum Residential Ceiling Heights - Building Code Trainer

Now you may be able to sneak by and violate sections of the code. Maybe the municipality you are in did not adopt this particular section of the building code. However if they did and you sneak by and don't construct it to the adopted codes ther is a possibility when it is sold it can come back and bite the seller.
That right there is useful. I just met with the inspector earlier today (building inspector) we looked at it and he approved it. Told him all o could find was the 6'8" thing and he said it was for hallways and such and there were special rules for this part where it is a tub. Basically he said we could go at the location where I as 6'6" could stand on the subfloor and just grase the wall with my head. So basically anyone 6'3" would be ok standinv in the tub but we are talking head and shoulder basically touching the wall. As long as the inspector approves it and the homeowner is ok with it as its the best we have to work with then I'm fine doing it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do you have a picture or floor plan of the room before demo? I would like to see how things were arranged originally.
The situation begs the question:
Were you concerned about this from the get go? If so, why did you demo?
Slow your horses there. I didn't do any demo. The place was gutted when I got called in. So I have no clue how it looked before. The tub goes in the same place as before except moved out probably another 6" for a little extra headroom. Vanity goes in almost same location and the toilet is move 2' over and turned 90°. If you look at the pictures the tub drain will move out to around where that pipe next to the old tub wast/overflow is. The tub will also move further left maybe 10" and the toilet then move back towards the sloped ceiling but not all the way and it will be turned around to face the camera.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I meant no offense. The more info we have, the better our chances of being of assistance.
I see the lavy on the opposite wall. Can you move it to the sloping wall next to the relocated WC and put the tub against the inside wall. Getting waste from the existing tub to the lavy shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'm not so sure about a drain to the tub. Since the 4" toilet stack runs down the wall below, can you tie into it and run a 2" line through the studs and up to the tub?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I meant no offense. The more info we have, the better our chances of being of assistance.
I see the lavy on the opposite wall. Can you move it to the sloping wall next to the relocated WC and put the tub against the inside wall. Getting waste from the existing tub to the lavy shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'm not so sure about a drain to the tub. Since the 4" toilet stack runs down the wall below, can you tie into it and run a 2" line through the studs and up to the tub?
Really wasn't any other practical way of doing it. Yes my drawing sucks. I'm still laughing from a video the customer sent me of her tipsy neighbor helping figure out how far out from the sloped wall to put the toilet I have not laughed so much in years.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Unfortunately, when we deal with ignorant HO's (with their heads full of BS from drunk neighbors) what they don't understand can bite us.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Really wasn't any other practical way of doing it. Yes my drawing sucks. I'm still laughing from a video the customer sent me of her tipsy neighbor helping figure out how far out from the sloped wall to put the toilet I have not laughed so much in years.

Why not put the tub on the wall with the window? Just put that frosted vinyl on the window glass.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Why not put the tub on the wall with the window? Just put that frosted vinyl on the window glass.
Because the window is in the way. She would have to close up the window. I mentioned that option but it was a no to getting rid of the window.

It's mostly roughed in by now.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts