Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
I almost always just put a cover plate and a lift and turn style drain. Hate those old style tub drains馃ぎ

Thats right dude. Bust out the turbo torch, heat that 80yrs old putty up under that drain and turn her out like butter man. 100% of the time, it works every time. Not full on heat, but get it warm, real warm.

I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
Not the same brand, but I've used this style the past 15yrs, works everytime. Had to use breaker bar a couple times, but this bad boy hasn't failed me yet.
Heat it up some with your torch next time. I was being serious. Obviously you don鈥檛 want to heat it to the point it melts the threads in the shoe, but a little bit of heat and it鈥檒l come right out. Won鈥檛 hurt the porcelain.

I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
What about the new fiberglass/acrylic tubs?
Well you said it there HWDH, "NEW", not as locked in and corroded shut as older ones the OP was describing. But, you could still carefully heat it up from the inside of the drain, i'd try it if one was being stubborn.

I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
we almost always never install trip lever waste. A few with the twist knob overflow with the external cable every now and then if the customer provides. but never just to provide one. And no one uses chrome anymore around here. Brushed brass, and black are in style here right now. Really like the brushed brass. that **** is fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts