Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Got call water dripping from ceiling below tub on second floor (bad tub shoe gasket and slip nut gaskets) I go ahead and cut the sheetrock and to my surprise there’s the old ci trap for tub that’s still tied in to sanitary un capped. (the newer waste was a 1 1/2" copper) so in order to replace slip nut gaskets I had to cut out the brass trap every thing seemed up to code vent seemed fine till I noticed it terminated 6" behind tub so basically I had to rework everything and install proper vent and tie into ci stack on exterior of unit pain in the :censored: ass so anyways here’s the pics

before

old ci trap

everything seemed okay till i ran my flash lite up there and saw un capped 1 1/4" vent terminating behind tub (hacks!!:censored:)

ci drain sealed dont laugh at my lead joint i couldn't find my runner so i used a rag soaked in cutting oil

Finished product

i forgot to take pics of the vent tie in to the stack..:rolleyes:

but wait... heres some more hack plumbing from the same unit for your enjoyment

t&p drain tied directly into 2" abs drain looks like the person melted the 3/4"male adapter straight into the drain

i also liked the strapping technique on the copper water lines

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bro but it was stressful. i thought i was replacing gaskets and what not. i rarely do any service work but money is money and i wont turn down jobs since its the holiday season and my kids want fancy video games for christmas

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
That brass tee has got to cost a fortune.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
yeah $65.00 brass combo $70 trap i cant put in any plastic in sf.
That sucks!!

I did a tankless in San Mateo for my mother in law's boy friend. It was a really simple installation. The inspector only cared about combustable air inlet calculations. There was easily more than double for the space but he still wanted to see it.

Is it like that all over the Bay area or just in S.F.?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sucks!!

I did a tankless in San Mateo for my mother in law's boy friend. It was a really simple installation. The inspector only cared about combustable air inlet calculations. There was easily more than double for the space but he still wanted to see it.

Is it like that all over the Bay area or just in S.F.?
nah just san fran...:thumbup:

·
Dream Team Founder
315 Posts
that is sweet work man, its kinda cool that your code makes you do that, but it is a heck of alot easier with pvc haha, definately sweet though

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Are those tubular compression joints on the w/o? I didn't think you could install those in a concealed space like that. Is that a san tee or a combo? I don't work with copper dwv much so I can't tell. Looks like a combo to me.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are those tubular compression joints on the w/o? I didn't think you could install those in a concealed space like that. Is that a san tee or a combo? I don't work with copper dwv much so I can't tell. Looks like a combo to me.
those are slip joint compression fittings they can be installed in concealed spaces tubs only though / thats a combo (below the flood rim requires combonation fitting for venting)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts