Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Hurricanes, Dont leave the house unless its a cat4 or higher, have orode them all out, no direct hit yet. Lot of close calls,BTW, fish werent bitting this afternoon.<:(

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Don't use starting fluid if you have a diesel motor your trying to start on a cold day. Remove the air cleaner and spray WD-40 in while cranking. They usually fire right up without the chance of damaging your motor. Ether is bad news!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Make sure you run some good synthetic 5w30 or 0w30. I run Amsoil 0w30 in my company van and do an annual oil change (sorta trying to get my boss to switch the rest of the fleet over - but if you do it you should use the Amsoil Oil filter that fits your vehicle as well). I run Amsoil 10w30 in my personal (Toyota) truck as well as other Amsoil products for many other applications (transmission, transfer case, diffs, outboard motor, etc.). Synthetic oil shines in extreme temperatures in easier start ups and really reducing start up wear as well.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Rockstar

Not that I have lived in extremely cold temperatures in my life, but Vancouver and the west coast has seen it's share of cold temperatures lately and over the years I've lived and grown up here, but there is something special about cooler/colder weather. Bundling up, scraping the windshield, warming up with some hot chocolate or tea, and an excuse sometimes to be late, and having a good BS with some buddies. YOu also get to buy a seperate set of tires too, and you have an excuse to own a 4 wheel drive truck like I do (it justifies itself the few days per year I need it although the past 2 years with extremely cold temperatures it has more than paid for itself - it's nice have a Toyota 4wd compact truck with winter tires).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts