Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our shower over the past few years has lost more and more cold water pressure to the point now where if you put it fully on cold, its just a trickle. I've tried replacing the cartridge and the pressure balancing valve and it did absolutely nothing. We have well water and hard water, so we regularly get sediment clogging up the screens in our fixtures and hard water deposits on the shower head and faucets. Having replaced everything in the shower valve that can be replaced without removing the brass valve body, I'm at a loss for what to try next. All our piping is pex, so I don't think the hard water would have clogged the pipes. We're trying to sell our house and we know it's going to come up on an inspection report. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Heather

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Our shower over the past few years has lost more and more cold water pressure to the point now where if you put it fully on cold, its just a trickle. I've tried replacing the cartridge and the pressure balancing valve and it did absolutely nothing. We have well water and hard water, so we regularly get sediment clogging up the screens in our fixtures and hard water deposits on the shower head and faucets. Having replaced everything in the shower valve that can be replaced without removing the brass valve body, I'm at a loss for what to try next. All our piping is pex, so I don't think the hard water would have clogged the pipes. We're trying to sell our house and we know it's going to come up on an inspection report. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Heather
yes, hire a licensed plumber..no free info here...
do you ask you doctor or dentist for free exams?? do you do your own home dentistry?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thank you for your input. In my haste I didn't read the welcome email that pointed me to the DIY sister site. People like you are the reason I prefer not to hire plumbers.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Yes, thank you for your input. In my haste I didn't read the welcome email that pointed me to the DIY sister site. People like you are the reason I prefer not to hire plumbers.
and people like you make me dump dumbazz freeloading customers..dont let the door hit you in the azz on the way out..

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Or she could drill 2 holes through her fridge, then run the hot water pipe Into the fridge, with about a 9.9’-12.4’ Copper coil(sorry Karen, I’m not going to do the actual math here- for FREE), and then run that pipe out of the fridge- directly into the hot side of the shower faucet..

That would prob work,
and save her from calling a plumber..

She will have to adjust the fridges temp to dial in her desired shower temp.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Or she could drill 2 holes through her fridge, then run the hot water pipe Into the fridge, with about a 9.9’-12.4’ Copper coil(sorry Karen, I’m not going to do the actual math here- for FREE), and then run that pipe out of the fridge- directly into the hot side of the shower faucet..

That would prob work,
and save her from calling a plumber..

She will have to adjust the fridges temp to dial in her desired shower temp.
there is a much easier solution..just hold a coil of tubing between her legs and im sure it would freeze cold from that ice box.....:vs_laugh::vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i see this all the time. especially on water wells. and i will tell you its kind of like that occasional water softener that the brine tank has blown its head all all the brine ahs made its way into the potable water system. been there done that. sometimes you get in and out fast just by blowing it out. not gonna say from where might be DIYers but we all know. does anyone remember in the early2000s when they first started putting those large marble looking objects on the hot side outlet of w/h and called it a heat trap. how many had them blow out and stop at the first reducing tee. i this the quickest i ever retrieved one was about 10 minutes. disconnected flex supply installed ball valve, and managed to backfeed the cold into hot side and blew it back out where it came from. talking about luck. as far as the brine sometimes its a one time deal others you gotta go back 2,3,4 times before it finally washes completely through.

·
Super Moderator
12,485 Posts
i see this all the time. especially on water wells. and i will tell you its kind of like that occasional water softener that the brine tank has blown its head all all the brine ahs made its way into the potable water system. been there done that. sometimes you get in and out fast just by blowing it out. not gonna say from where might be DIYers but we all know. does anyone remember in the early2000s when they first started putting those large marble looking objects on the hot side outlet of w/h and called it a heat trap. how many had them blow out and stop at the first reducing tee. i this the quickest i ever retrieved one was about 10 minutes. disconnected flex supply installed ball valve, and managed to backfeed the cold into hot side and blew it back out where it came from. talking about luck. as far as the brine sometimes its a one time deal others you gotta go back 2,3,4 times before it finally washes completely through.

One of the water treatment company's 'technician' was sent to a customer's house to install a green sand iron filter. You know the old style that used permanganate? {each month they swap out tanks for her; when I install an iron filter, I opt for the chemical-free} Well he reversed the lines from the tank and all the black media plugged up her water lines pretty good.

I was called to blow out the lines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts