Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys get per foot for a trencher on a municipal water installation? I have a V-1850 Vermeer.

I've been charging $2.75/ft just for the ditch and $4.00/ft for ditch, sdr9 polyethylene piping and brass FORD cts fittings, quarter turn ball valve, and inline (spring type) check.

What do YOU charge?

:)

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
$35/ft for HDPE gas or PVC water up to 1-1/4". Includes excavation, backfill, Materials and a POC at each end.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evidently the markets are different, haha.

We probably have better soil maybe?

A lot of creek rock and sand here. . .the further you go out towards lexington and louisville, the worse it gets. .

I looked at job this evening, roughly 300' of ditch and I priced it for $2.25/ft and it's a straight shot and would take way under 2hrs to do it . .

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts

A lot of creek rock and sand here. . .the further you go out towards lexington and louisville, the worse it gets. .

I looked at job this evening, roughly 300' of ditch and I priced it for $2.25/ft and it's a straight shot and would take way under 2hrs to do it . .
Good point, the soil here is lots of rock and super-hard clay generally.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Bobcat skid steer with a trencher attachment. I charge a $300.00 min that usually gets them up to approx. 100 ft. Last summer I did a 2800 ft trench for a phone line.

Took me less than 6 hrs @ $1.00 pf...

Other than that it all depends on length and materials used. Out here pvc is the norm for underground and a 200 foot jobb averages about 10.00 pf

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts

How did the equipment get to the job?
Did you rent equipment?
Did you lay it out and have USA come out to identify buried utilities?
Who backfilled?
What depth?
Did you steel the materials from you boss?

Nobody can do a job for $2.75/ft without losing money.

Point is, it will take alot longer than two hours to complete the job and it may cost as much as 500 or $600 for materials and rental equipment.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
I have a Bobcat skid steer with a trencher attachment. I charge a $300.00 min that usually gets them up to approx. 100 ft. Last summer I did a 2800 ft trench for a phone line.

Took me less than 6 hrs @ $1.00 pf...

Other than that it all depends on length and materials used. Out here pvc is the norm for underground and a 200 foot jobb averages about 10.00 pf

GMP..I need you to do all my digging if you can do it for $10/ft-min $300:laughing::laughing:

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How did the equipment get to the job?
Did you rent equipment?
Did you lay it out and have USA come out to identify buried utilities?
Who backfilled?
What depth?
Did you steel the materials from you boss?

Nobody can do a job for $2.75/ft without losing money.

Point is, it will take alot longer than two hours to complete the job and it may cost as much as 500 or $600 for materials and rental equipment.
I would appreciate it if you read my opening post thoroughly. $2.75/ft with no materials and we don't rent anything. .

that's just gas and the machine, a zr2 s-10 pulling it about 2 miles on a 5'x14' trailer.

I own it all.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
"City sewer here is 1.25" HDPE. . .from outlet of macerating tub to sewer main."

??????....1.25"....typo?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts