Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many travel? I am usually hotel living 5 nights per week. I hire men from the UA area I am in. Just curious. It get a little on the boring side.

With our niche we have found. I run about a 300 mile circle:blink:

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I traveled my 2nd year in the app. They have never allowed them to travel but I was allowed because work was slow around town and busy where we were the local down there couldnt spare anyone. Work 4 10s and I loved it. Job lasted about 9 months. Been in town working since I got back.... I will travel if this job goes away. I never get comfortable because when I do I seem to always get my check.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
From 2002 to 2004, I traveled on the nuke/refinery circuit in Illinois. Luckily, or unluckily, I am 7 miles from Braidwood, 20 from Dresden and 30 from LaSalle, and 35 miles from the Citgo refinery. So I only really stayed away from home when I hit Byron, Clinton, or Quad. It's not so bad at an outage, because there are fitters all over and it's not as lonesome.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to know the gallons of coffee per day consumed by fitters at a power plant. It's a bunch:laughing:

When the money rolls in, the outta town work ain't so bad after all.

Miss the family:cry::cry: but, they understand it is the price we pay to maintain a certain lifestyle. If I had to make a living at home, we would be living in a cardboard box next door to the other local plumbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts