Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got required by a bellevue, wa inspector to add a trap seal primer to a condensate waste receptor...has anyone else run into this? I thought that the condensate maintains the trap seal just fine... any thoughts?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Code reference 1007.1

Note 'automatic means'

This might be what he is talking about, being here in Oregon, our codes are about the same, look it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Yeah, I learned about the Inspector Pucker early on in my apprenticeship...and yes, it condenses year round, maybe not as much in the summer, but enough to beat evaporation

·
Banned
6,035 Posts
d78coots said:
put a Trap Guard on it.
Trap guard
Looked in Ontario Building Code Section 7 and cannot understand why an inspector would bock at this.

"those who can't do, teach; those who can't teach, inspect" lol that is my personal quote but feel free to use it within your own jurisdiction!  

·
No Butt Cracks
272 Posts
What is your developed length of pipe run to the drain? I sold the "Core" once on the fact that by the time the water reached the drain, you'd have nothing but vapor (granted they were more than 40 feet and up to 100 feet of pipe). Not to mention that the damn drains were surrounding a pool!!!!:thumbup:

Trap Guards to the rescue!!!:yes:

·
Banned
6,035 Posts
Argued with an inspector once about using a trap guard. He must have been in cahoots with the builder, trying to make the outfit I work for take a bath. Ended up running 475' of tubing... Wonder if that primer has seen a squirt yet??? Lol

·
Registered
396 Posts
There is no way out your are in Bellevue, 100% by the book no questions. Yes you are required to have a trap primer 2006 UPC page 132 1007.0 Trap Seal Protection. Bellevue is a bit insane with the book. Got called for air gap discharge to a Dishwasher tee was told it had to go to the Disposal barb which on this sink was above the discharge of the air gap. He stood there while I made the correction. Changed it back when I ran the dishwasher and the air gap squirted.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts