Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
1. Purchase GOOGLE

2. Purchase YAHOO

3. Purchase all pages of your areas YELLOW PAGES.:jester::jester::laughing::laughing:

could'nt resist....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Purchase GOOGLE

2. Purchase YAHOO

3. Purchase all pages of your areas YELLOW PAGES.:jester::jester::laughing::laughing:

could'nt resist....
I walked into that one.I mean like flyers,yellowpages,ads in the paper,whats a good start up.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
For what?

This is like asking me "what should I wear"

A GOOD marketing plan is built around WHAT you are trying to do.

Let me know more

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i'm intersted in this too.

what i'm fixin' to do is mostly residential service. drain cleaning (i have all the sewer equipment and a seesnake/locator, no jetter), service and repair along with remodels. not too interested in commercial acounts right now, maybe later. maybe some property management companies.

i've been told mailers are good. of course, i don't want to spend an arm and a leg. i can't afford a big ad in the yellow pages, is it worth spending the money on a tiny one (business card size) or just save up for a big one? craigslist sort of works but sucks at the same time. lots of nickle and dimers. any help would be great.

paul

·
Banned
383 Posts
honestly, the way i did it was i got to know who the heavy hitters were in the rental game, i made hundreds of rescource calls, and drive bys on properties to sift through the slum lords and the reputable property owners. i made calls to let them know i had a new shop in town and could be a viable rescource for them. come to findout alot of these property owners were on thier 5th or 6th plumber and always looking for the good one the one who answers his phone, the one who shows up on time, the one who cleans up after himself. if your work is good and you can do those three things and sell yourself w/ out bs you can do well. alot of the heavy hitters are friends, go to chamber of commerce mixers, run in the same circles and they talk about who they are using for service. so they might as well be talking about you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i'm intersted in this too.

what i'm fixin' to do is mostly residential service. drain cleaning (i have all the sewer equipment and a seesnake/locator, no jetter), service and repair along with remodels. not too interested in commercial acounts right now, maybe later. maybe some property management companies.

i've been told mailers are good. of course, i don't want to spend an arm and a leg. i can't afford a big ad in the yellow pages, is it worth spending the money on a tiny one (business card size) or just save up for a big one? craigslist sort of works but sucks at the same time. lots of nickle and dimers. any help would be great.

paul
I ve thought about hitting on home inspection companies,extermination copanies,for camera work.possibly offering10% to people that can bring in a lot of work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What would you guys think ,is the top 3 ,best marketing plan.
Paul- My plumbng business is one year old. At the beginning of the year none of my ads were in the book yet. I found that advertising in the local newspaper wasn't going to get me the busness I needed. So I done a lot of direct mailing. I typed up a nice into letter explaining to them who I was and what my goal for my busines was. I hand wrote the addressess on the envelope. I think having them typed looks nices, but with direct mails pieces you only have a small time frame to grab the homeowners attention. I had excellent responses with that. I also included a $20.00 off coupon.

So my three would be
1. Direct Mailing
2. Newsletter of some sort
3. Door-hangers and magets business card have been a great investment for me also.
I give a magent to every customer, even potential customers.

Sorry for the long repsonse.

paul[/quote]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Paul- My plumbng business is one year old. At the beginning of the year none of my ads were in the book yet. I found that advertising in the local newspaper wasn't going to get me the busness I needed. So I done a lot of direct mailing. I typed up a nice into letter explaining to them who I was and what my goal for my busines was. I hand wrote the addressess on the envelope. I think having them typed looks nices, but with direct mails pieces you only have a small time frame to grab the homeowners attention. I had excellent responses with that. I also included a $20.00 off coupon.

So my three would be
1. Direct Mailing
2. Newsletter of some sort
3. Door-hangers and magets business card have been a great investment for me also.
I give a magent to every customer, even potential customers.

Sorry for the long repsonse.

paul
[/quote]thanks,for the tips,i m jotting them down on my marketing list.

·
Banned
18 Posts
I used to do alot of commercial jobs,word of mouth from general contractors, I am known to get it done on time,with the economy slowing and banks closing their wallets I am targeting residential service, with a medium yellow page ad, lots of throw away paper ads,some bus stop benches,every customer gets magnets and stickers on anything i install, I keep doggie toys and kid toys for the customers kids and animals, and we starting to experiment with a 25 percent off coupon mailed out every 30 days to all previous customers, i also am giving out longer warranties on drain calls instead of 30 days we are doing a 1 time return trip for 90 days, hoping this will get us in the door for a sewer replacement etc,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts