Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Tools you want

30K views 469 replies 30 participants last post by  TerryTotoSucks 
#1 ·
I need some 10-12” pipe wrenches. Mine have grown legs I guess.

I’d like a thermal imager. A nice one but I’m too cheap

Please, no jetter talk. It’s really not attractive.

#83 ·
We have been looking at this set for that reason...not always needed but when they are, VERY helpful...looked at the smaller M12 press tool but it takes different jaws, than the M18 and ridgid models, so small but pretty irritating that it won't match up to anything else...

We have been looking at this set for that reason...not always needed but when they are, VERY helpful...looked at the smaller M12 press tool but it takes different jaws, than the M18 and ridgid models, so small but pretty irritating that it won't match up to anything else...

#17 ·
The Ridgid is a 4" model, not 2". Those Schick pipe wrenches are as close to NOS as I've seen, one of the 14's even still has the sticker.

Like the "DOPE POT" on my tristand? Dope used to come in hard form as well because it's essentially a wax. You'd heat that cup with your torch to make it liquid so you could apply it.

Attachments

#20 ·
I broke down while I was there in 1987. Transmission fluid all over the ground.

I hitchhiked to an auto parts store and bought some rubber hose and clamps. One of the transmission cooler lines had burst. Got it repaired and took my ass back to Bama.

I was a just a kid, got in the car with a guy that took me to the store. One of the dumbest things I ever did. Guy could’ve robbed, killed me and no one would’ve ever known.

When you get older you look back on your life and see how things could’ve easily ended and by nothing but the will of God it didn’t.

#21 ·
I broke down while I was there in 1987. Transmission fluid all over the ground.

I hitchhiked to an auto parts store and bought some rubber hose and clamps. One of the transmission cooler lines had burst. Got it repaired and took my ass back to Bama.

I was a just a kid, got in the car with a guy that took me to the store. One of the dumbest things I ever did. Guy could’ve robbed, killed me and no one would’ve ever known.

When you get older you look back on your life and see how things could’ve easily ended and by nothing but the will of God it didn’t.
1987? Good thing you weren’t in Milwaukee

#24 ·
So I got a hell of a deal last year on 2 Nibco pro press guns and jaw sets, $1500.00 for both sets. One is the full size beast and the other is a compact model that does up to 1" Dude was an old co-worker who became a rep for them, and then quit.

Anyways, with the amount of gas we've been doing lately I have 3 ridgid pro press guns and 3 of the mega press jaw sets. Well today i needed one of the mega press sets and ridgid guns. I keep the Large nibco and jaws on my little work truck. I had done sent everyone out for the day this morning and forgot to ask one of the guys for their ridgid gun and mega press jaws. So i went on Nibcos website to see if they offer a gas jaw set for their guns. Well, they make Carbon G fittings, but i didnt see a jaw set offered for their guns for carbon fittings, just copper fittings. So i called them and they told me they do not make jaws for their guns for carbon fittings. He said that the Ridgid AND milwaukee carbon jaws fit their nibco gun and they have no plans to make their own because of that. I found that really interesting. I really didnt want to have to buy another mega press jaw set. I have 3 of them, but a personal set on my little work truck would be nice. I have too much on my mind constantly to remember everything i need daily. So annoying. pictured are the 2 guns i bought from him. he gave me a bunch of their products as well. 2 huge tubs full.
Luggage and bags Camera accessory Bag Cameras & optics Bumper

#27 ·
I don’t understand why you’re not pressing copper gas fittings on hard type L copper tube.
Get with the program Rocky
Dude, I would be the only plumber in town doing that, and it would scare me. Not because of the install, but because of what some other jackasss or HO may try to do later. I use CCST from time to time, and recently this month started using the yellow poly for underground.

But people are dangerous. Like gas grill stub outs on new homes. Everyone else leaves them capped outside on a new un-sold home. Not us. We install a valve, and regulator (IF needed) and cap the end of the line. I've had 5 calls the past few years of guys wanting someone to come check the gas on their grill, that its shooting flames 4 feet high, from them hooking it up themselves not knowing what they're doing. I could see that copper line getting tapped into for anything else but gas by someone else.