Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
You’re a dream crusher
the nibcos we scored at a great deal have been awesome. Using one tomorrow, with the ridgid mega press jaws. They fit just perfect as stated from the Nibco rep over the phone. Checked to make sure before i rolled out of the shop this afternoon.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
Some of our guys have the 12v versions. I haven't used one my self but I also haven't heard of issues with them. That said our supply house would swap one out in a heartbeat if we got a faulty unit. We also have spares in the tool crib so if one failed suddenly our shop guy would run it to the man on the job.

I just use my 18v and have no issues with it, but I rarely use it as I prefer to solder. I did use it today for fixing a hot water recirc at a grocery store. I am going to cut the propress 90 I removed in half and will post pictures.
watch those digits with the band saw there buddy. And i want to see eye protection at all times too. These issues were with streamline propress fittings. and maybe that was the problem, didnt have any viega on hand at the time to compare. but re pressed with the 18v and all was good.

·
Registered
Plumbing
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
View attachment 135949

Gonna give this thing a whirl. A lot of island vented kitchens around here. Trying to make life easier for my guys.
Cancel that **** man. Buy a gorlitz small machine and a good dolly to strap it to.

same money…….

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
My dad use to use them for years then switched to channel locks. I use to use them, they were sold at southern since the beginning of time breh
My dad used them. Guys at the shop would damn near get in fist fights over them thinking someone took theirs or whatever. So they all had their own mark they’d put on them with a hacksaw blade, an X, or 3 lines, something stupid. They’re just that good.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My dad used them. Guys at the shop would damn near get in fist fights over them thinking someone took theirs or whatever. So they all had their own mark they’d put on them with a hacksaw blade, an X, or 3 lines, something stupid. They’re just that good.
Knipex man…haven’t found anything as good

141 - 160 of 163 Posts