Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older style (mid 90's) American standard toilet with a threaded float ball. Where can I get one of these ball's? Home Depot and Lowes have these balls, but they are not threaded. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I agree with Rockstar, the F-3 Falcon siphon jet flange cock is the only way to go for that toilet. I would be careful not to cross thread her though, start with the single fluted female end first, if she starts dripping after you insert the flange you're in big trouble.
You forgot to mention the permatex threadlocker to keep it from backin out on ya in hard water situations.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat the meat?

Toddstranger, you have to thread the balls. Thread the balls, Todd.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
I agree, the F-3 falcon siphon jet flange cock is what I carry on my truck and I put them in because the have a much more powerful flush.

I you really just want to get a new float ball, you need to go to a ceramics shop, they usually carry a good asortment for the casting machines coolant. While you are there though, ask them if they have a F-3 falcon siphon jet flange cock in stock. you just might decide to go with that.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
That reminds me. I was down at the local hardware store paying off the bookie and he was helping a customer with glue joints. I offered a helpful piece of advice: Thread the balls, Todd.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
B nice plumber, the man just wants his crapper fixed. He figures that pesky part about this forum being for professionals only and is not a diy forum doesn't apply to him, it's just for everyone else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My plumbing related trade in HVAC/R. I can do air conditioning, but know nothing about plumbing. (I wish I did). I didn't know you have to thread the ball, but I can definetly do that.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Thank you. I needed a fresh sig line.
:laughing:

Toddstranger, you have to thread the balls. Thread the balls, Todd.[/quote]
:laughing:

If you get a Pex flush ball you won't even need to worry about them ol' threads.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
I bet:laughing:

My plumbing related trade in HVAC/R. I can do air conditioning, but know nothing about plumbing. (I wish I did). I didn't know you have to thread the ball, but I can definetly do that.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
My balls are threaded???
What the heck are you talking about?

I heard they have a recall going on for those F3 Ballcocks....
Make sure that the one you get has a serial # AD 76538789527163 or higher...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hahahahahaha !!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts