Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our home was built 1981 on concrete slab. Recently we started renovations on our master bathroom but moving plumbing around on home built on concrete has been quite a chore.

Anyways, I want to remove and replacement flange with PVC and ideally move it about 2 inches to the right (like use an offset) so it wont be so close to the new shower stall. I have had hell of time trying to get the toilet flange off though. It is a cast iron flange but it seems cemented into the ground? I don't see bolts either.

Attached pictures for reference. Any help on how I can get this flange removed would be much appreciated it. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
...............Any help on how I can get this flange removed would be much appreciated it. Thank you.
Call a plumber, or a wrecking crew. OOORRRRR............

Sell your home to someone who is ready to be a home owner.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Our home was built 1981 on concrete slab. Recently we started renovations on our master bathroom but moving plumbing around on home built on concrete has been quite a chore.

Anyways, I want to remove and replacement flange with PVC and ideally move it about 2 inches to the right (like use an offset) so it wont be so close to the new shower stall. I have had hell of time trying to get the toilet flange off though. It is a cast iron flange but it seems cemented into the ground? I don't see bolts either.

Attached pictures for reference. Any help on how I can get this flange removed would be much appreciated it. Thank you. View attachment 126782 View attachment 126783
Take that sledgehammer and hit it as hard as you can and it will come off that pipe,me promise you this

·
Registered
Residential Service Plumbing
65 Posts
It's probably concrete in. Your only real option is to get a big concrete saw and cut out that entire section of floor, including the flange. After you get it out, take careful measurements and head to your local supply house. You should be able to order a prefab flooring section with a new PVC flange from them.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
It's probably concrete in. Your only real option is to get a big concrete saw and cut out that entire section of floor, including the flange. After you get it out, take careful measurements and head to your local supply house. You should be able to order a prefab flooring section with a new PVC flange from them.

That's my point! He obviously is either looking for a shortcut to hack it or an excuse to quit.

He knows what he needs to do, he just doesn't want to do that much hard work! he's not ready to be a homeowner.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
well you need to go to his profile and see who is giving free info out....just saying..we dont want DIY here, but like stray dogs they will come back if you keep feeding them...

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
well you need to go to his profile and see who is giving free info out....just saying..we dont want DIY here, but like stray dogs they will come back if you keep feeding them...

It all needs to be private so we can ignore them and just let them spam the public area with no response. And if someone does post them the answer it can be deleted.

I tried posting some stuff in the business section and tried to get you guys to follow my lead and y'all kept posting threads in the public areas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts