Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I was in a customer home doing a heater repair. I got in a conversation with the woman who said she was having a lot of trouble with her low water usuage toilets backing up. She had two bathrooms in her home and because of the toilets low water usuage per flush, the waste does not have enough water to keep the waste lines clear.

Two months ago I installed a new low water usuage toilet in my girlfriends home. This morning her toilet backup. She never had any kind of problems with her old toilets.

The first thing I noticed when I installed my girlfriends new toilet was how little water it used per flush. Another thing I noticed was that the device in the new toilet was not the standard float type found in all the older toilets. It had a large cylinder type device that would lift when flushed and allow the water to exit a large hole in the bottom of the tank creating some kind of vacuum to pull the waste out using very little water.

I have heard of this problem with the newer type of low water usage toilets before so this seems to be a problem with many of the newer toilets.

What can be done to prevent a backup toilet because of not enough water per flush?

Are some toilets able to allow more water per flush thereby allowing more water to flush the waste lines properly?

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
a Few Years Ago I Was In A Customer Home Doing A Heater Repair. I Got In A Conversation With The Woman Who Said She Was Having A Lot Of Trouble With Her Low Water Usuage Toilets Backing Up. She Had Two Bathrooms In Her Home And Because Of The Toilets Low Water Usuage Per Flush, The Waste Does Not Have Enough Water To Keep The Waste Lines Clear.

Two Months Ago I Installed A New Low Water Usuage Toilet In My Girlfriends Home. This Morning Her Toilet Backup. She Never Had Any Kind Of Problems With Her Old Toilets.

The First Thing I Noticed When I Installed My Girlfriends New Toilet Was How Little Water It Used Per Flush. Another Thing I Noticed Was That The Device In The New Toilet Was Not The Standard Float Type Found In All The Older Toilets. It Had A Large Cylinder Type Device That Would Lift When Flushed And Allow The Water To Exit A Large Hole In The Bottom Of The Tank Creating Some Kind Of Vacuum To Pull The Waste Out Using Very Little Water.

I Have Heard Of This Problem With The Newer Type Of Low Water Usage Toilets Before So This Seems To Be A Problem With Many Of The Newer Toilets.

What Can Be Done To Prevent A Backup Toilet Because Of Not Enough Water Per Flush?

Are Some Toilets Able To Allow More Water Per Flush Thereby Allowing More Water To Flush The Waste Lines Properly?
you Are Not A Plumber!!!

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
seems to me that your a having a problem with the anti-sipnhom diaphram located under the base of the ball cock, you mad need to adjust the flux capasitor. if that doesnt work, install a prv where the stop is on the wall, then make sure you turn the set screw on the prv all the way to left as far as it will go, just before it about to come out.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.