Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
621 - 640 of 1061 Posts

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
Man, new plumber i hired to add to the elite crew that i have has been killing it. Life is good. got lucky with a great hire. That is so hard to come by these days. And he is really loving it here. I dont hire *******s, and we dont work for *******s. Chill enviorment with no degrading or self righteousness, and i dont tolerate bad mouthing of other employees. Seems to be working just fine. Knocking out jobs left and right this guy. Just what i needed.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
I had a kohler motion detection faucet that wouldn’t flow any water.

When the batteries die you have to turn a plastic stem on the control box to bypass the solenoids.

Hahaha🤣. Their stupid design made me $150 to replace batteries.

· Super Moderator
12,709 Posts
I do have a key. its a milwaukee multi screwdriver shaft that fits perfectly. My inspectors are ok with me opening up the gas and checking the appliances. I like to have it 100 when they show up.

Huh....I have been trying to get my hands on one of those gas locks keys.

I have a Milwaukee multi screwdriver, but they may make different models.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·

If it’s a barrel lock you can buy them on eBay sometimes.
They quit using the barrel locks on gas meters around my area, now it’s a red plastic tag that has to be broken off.

I’ma hit up a gas employee to give me a few. 🤡

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts

an Elkay sink clip driver is the perfect size also for those barrel locks. Or a piece of 3/8 copper.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
The suction machine fills with spit, blood, pus and everything else that they suck out of someone mouth. When the unit gets full it discharged into the drain and rinses itself.

that floor receptor had a strainer in it. I pulled the machines out and lifted the top grate. Then removed the strainer with pliers.
Threw the strainer away.

I dumped a 5 gal bucket of hot water down the drain and it drained right out.

Moved the equipment back and presented my invoice.

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
The suction machine fills with spit, blood, pus and everything else that they suck out of someone mouth. When the unit gets full it discharged into the drain and rinses itself.

that floor receptor had a strainer in it. I pulled the machines out and lifted the top grate. Then removed the strainer with pliers.
Threw the strainer away.

I dumped a 5 gal bucket of hot water down the drain and it drained right out.

Moved the equipment back and presented my invoice.
I bet that smells amazing. 🤢

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
I talked to Verizon Monday about some dash cams for the trucks. A friend of mine who owns a rather large electrical company has them in his trucks. They have foward facing and driver facing cameras with audio recording as well. They work off of satellite, not towers so there’s never any dropped data. I ordered them Monday. Got the hardware for free and it’s self install. Plugs into the obd port and that’s it. 70.00 a month per vehicle. I ordered 4 of them. It also saves me 5% a year on commercial auto. Which is a chunk of change when it’s over 14k a year. But I like the fact that god forbid there’s an accident that’s not one of our drivers fault we will have video of it. People are so sue happy. But I got one driver who was the final push for me to look into it and I can’t just put one in his truck alone. Wouldn’t be too cool.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #633 ·
I talked to Verizon Monday about some dash cams for the trucks. A friend of mine who owns a rather large electrical company has them in his trucks. They have foward facing and driver facing cameras with audio recording as well. They work off of satellite, not towers so there’s never any dropped data. I ordered them Monday. Got the hardware for free and it’s self install. Plugs into the obd port and that’s it. 70.00 a month per vehicle. I ordered 4 of them. It also saves me 5% a year on commercial auto. Which is a chunk of change when it’s over 14k a year. But I like the fact that god forbid there’s an accident that’s not one of our drivers fault we will have video of it. People are so sue happy. But I got one driver who was the final push for me to look into it and I can’t just put one in his truck alone. Wouldn’t be too cool.
I could see where that could help you or bury you with your own evidence. I doubt your guys will like it, no matter what they say to your face.

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
I could see where that could help you or bury you with your own evidence. I doubt your guys will like it, no matter what they say to your face.
The winds of change sometimes blow cold brother. I've already prepared 3 of them about it. they didn't care. they're for the business and agree with things that save us money.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #637 ·
The video i get but the audio seems like a violation of privacy, we are in those trucks all day long, i talk to my wife and my family on blue tooth while im driving to calls and i would be uncomfortable with someone listening to my private conversations.
When your driving someone else’s vehicle your not in private. Especially when they tell you they’re doing it. I’m sure the law varies state to state.

But I agree with you. I’d tell him to take it out of my truck or I’m going to find another job.

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,229 Posts
Believe me, i got better things to do then to wonder what the guys are talking about in the truck and honestly dont want to know. May be a disabled option, if so it will be for their privacy. their locations are already known through the time tracking app i use for keeping up with their hours. the main purpose of this is to monitor speed, and using phones while driving. With the built in AI this thing has, its suppose to recognize objects being held while the truck is in motion.

· Registered
3,857 Posts
Man, new plumber i hired to add to the elite crew that i have has been killing it. Life is good. got lucky with a great hire. That is so hard to come by these days. And he is really loving it here. I dont hire *******s, and we dont work for *******s. Chill enviorment with no degrading or self righteousness, and i dont tolerate bad mouthing of other employees. Seems to be working just fine. Knocking out jobs left and right this guy. Just what i needed.
Give that man a raise

621 - 640 of 1061 Posts