Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
561 - 580 of 625 Posts

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Gas Concrete

refferal from a buddy of mine who does a lot of flips, to this other dude that does flips. Breh says tile Guy just needs a new top for the shower drain so they can lay the floor. I said ok. That’s fine, screwed top Into flange and left. Said good luck. 🫶🏼

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Audio equipment Fender

brand new generac, builder calls me said there’s a gas leak at the generator. Wasn’t too far so swung by to take a look. And there sure was a gas leak. Right there on that carb somewhere. You could hear it pissing out of it. Turned the valve off and left. Not my problem.

·
Registered
Plumbing
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
View attachment 135957

brand new generac, builder calls me said there’s a gas leak at the generator. Wasn’t too far so swung by to take a look. And there sure was a gas leak. Right there on that carb somewhere. You could hear it pissing out of it. Turned the valve off and left. Not my problem.
Did you check the gas pressure ?

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
Wood Floor Triangle Gas Tints and shades

View attachment 135956

refferal from a buddy of mine who does a lot of flips, to this other dude that does flips. Breh says tile Guy just needs a new top for the shower drain so they can lay the floor. I said ok. That’s fine, screwed top Into flange and left. Said good luck. 🫶🏼
Ok so update on this sh!t show just a little bit ago. Dude texts me and says this is what the tile guy is putting down for a line is it going to work. i didn’t respond yet. Seems he is figuring some things out. I think I’m going to wait a couple days untill the tiles about finished to tell him.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
Well probably not then. If it is then the gas company reg went bad and they’d have other trouble if they have other appliances on da gas
There is a regulator on it. But generac needs to look at that carb before I touch it. Or then I own it. 🫶🏼

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Replaced vacuum break and stem on a frost proof hose bib and installed pan on the Rinnai that was installed in the attic (I don’t understand why it wasn’t done when it was installed, but easy money)

Replaced supply line on a water that was leaking. Whoever installed it didn’t team the pipe and the line wasn’t pushed all the way on the pipe.

Looked at a tankless that was randomly shutting off. Turned out to be on the garage circuit with a GFCI that kept tripping. And replaced some fill valves and flappers.

Checked out a gas leak. Guy had his pool heater removed but they left the gas line and the valve was opened slightly. Capped off the line at the meter. Also had a Mixet shower valve that was leaking and a price pfister lav faucet the was dripping. Rebuilt those

Low water pressure at all fixtures. Pressure reducing valve failed/failing. Quoted a replacement but they have water still so they’re not motivated to get it fixed.

Not a bad day overall.

·
Registered
Plumbing
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·
30 minutes??? In my area it was about a week for them. It’s now down to a day or so
Took them a few hours to get there, I had other service work to do while I waited.

They just signed off on the test a little while ago.

They get peoples gas turned on quick here, that’s how they make money, people using gas. Can’t use it if it’s locked off.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Took them a few hours to get there, I had other service work to do while I waited.

They just signed off on the test a little while ago.

They get peoples gas turned on quick here, that’s how they make money, people using gas. Can’t use it if it’s locked off.
In my area we have Coserv and atmos. Coserv has been better than atmos generally. But it’s still at least a day after repairs have been made typically.

i did have one that they thought there was a gas leak and the gas co yanked the meter. I went to test everything and couldn’t detect a leak. They came back before I had put my tools away.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,785 Posts
Plant Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Wood

new home owner. Home inspection report was squeaky clean. Found this jetter hose cut off in the kitchen vent. BIG problems. Cast iron drain lines. Told them to lawyer up. Roof is completley shot too. Young couple; just had a baby. Sh!t like this is what gives us bad reputations.

561 - 580 of 625 Posts