Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
201 - 220 of 266 Posts

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,281 Posts
Cool,at least it wasn't an audit,have you ever been audited???

hell no. and it should be a crime what i had to pay in taxes last year. no one man should ever owe their government that much money. For that much money i should have 2 marines posted on each side of my driveway 24/7 and a warthog in a hanger at the airport on standby.

·
Registered
Plumbing
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
hell no. and it should be a crime what i had to pay in taxes last year. no one man should ever owe their government that much money. For that much money i should have 2 marines posted on each side of my driveway 24/7 and a warthog in a hanger at the airport on standby.
Which is often why I say “ it’s not how much you earn it’s how much you get to keep that matters “

·
Registered
Plumbing
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I just picked up a repipe for an old school teacher of mine.

The job is 1 hr away from me without traffic. 2hr round trip on a good day.

I’m not thrilled about that because I can’t repipe it in one trip.

Time to attic crawl……

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,281 Posts
Pinch a Penny Pools here can suck a dck. installed new gas line friday for new pool heater. wouldnt fire. Regulator set for 8" wc after the 2lb line. Fckin thing wouldnt fire. Throws a code "ignition steps failure" POS Jandy pool heater. ANyways, get the installer boys number from the homeowner and call him and tell him he needs to come check his sh!t. I get a text yesterday afternoon from the kid showing a picture of his monometer reading 3.75. I said ok, ill be there in the morning. Go by this morning, check the inlet pressure coming into unit, 8 inches, perfect. Check the outlet side of the gas control valve, zero, doesnt move. call the kid, tell him, somethings wrong with their pool heater, ive gone as far as i can go. I dropped the damn inlet test port plug into the side of the unit and had to removal another panel. when i removed that panel there were 2 wires laying loose that should have been connected to something. I send the kid a pic and show him, told him im not touching this thing, i dont want to own it. Says he will come back by................. Around 4:20 the home owner sends me a text from the kid saying " we need to have the city come out and check your gas meter, the line coming out of the house isnt big enough and we need to get you on a 2lb system. After reading that i about lost it. I called the kid and asked him WTH is he talking about? He says, well the guy on tech support i called today, said hes been doing this 20yrs and its definitley a gas issue. I said ok, ill call tech support. Meanwhile im getting more text from the homeowner about how pissed she is with the kid, and has zero confidence in him. I drove back over there and got there about 5:30 pm, hooked the loose wires to the gas control valve and fired it right off. I was her hero, and she is UBER pissed with pinch a penny. I texted the kid a video of it running and asked him where do i send the bill to. He hasnt responded, but im going to hit him with the same text in the morning. Warranty your sh!t, kid had a bad attitude and i really enjoyed making him look like a stupid assshole. I didnt want to void her warranty with them, but you know, this was the plumbers fault, i hooked the gas up to it, and i guess it worked just fine out of the box before the gas was hooked up to it. Suck a dck boy.

·
Registered
Plumbing
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Pinch a Penny Pools here can suck a dck. installed new gas line friday for new pool heater. wouldnt fire. Regulator set for 8" wc after the 2lb line. Fckin thing wouldnt fire. Throws a code "ignition steps failure" POS Jandy pool heater. ANyways, get the installer boys number from the homeowner and call him and tell him he needs to come check his sh!t. I get a text yesterday afternoon from the kid showing a picture of his monometer reading 3.75. I said ok, ill be there in the morning. Go by this morning, check the inlet pressure coming into unit, 8 inches, perfect. Check the outlet side of the gas control valve, zero, doesnt move. call the kid, tell him, somethings wrong with their pool heater, ive gone as far as i can go. I dropped the damn inlet test port plug into the side of the unit and had to removal another panel. when i removed that panel there were 2 wires laying loose that should have been connected to something. I send the kid a pic and show him, told him im not touching this thing, i dont want to own it. Says he will come back by................. Around 4:20 the home owner sends me a text from the kid saying " we need to have the city come out and check your gas meter, the line coming out of the house isnt big enough and we need to get you on a 2lb system. After reading that i about lost it. I called the kid and asked him WTH is he talking about? He says, well the guy on tech support i called today, said hes been doing this 20yrs and its definitley a gas issue. I said ok, ill call tech support. Meanwhile im getting more text from the homeowner about how pissed she is with the kid, and has zero confidence in him. I drove back over there and got there about 5:30 pm, hooked the loose wires to the gas control valve and fired it right off. I was her hero, and she is UBER pissed with pinch a penny. I texted the kid a video of it running and asked him where do i send the bill to. He hasnt responded, but im going to hit him with the same text in the morning. Warranty your sh!t, kid had a bad attitude and i really enjoyed making him look like a stupid assshole. I didnt want to void her warranty with them, but you know, this was the plumbers fault, i hooked the gas up to it, and i guess it worked just fine out of the box before the gas was hooked up to it. Suck a dck boy.
Bill the homeowner and let her deal with the pool boy.

·
Registered
Plumbing
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
I had one that the generator guy kept trying to blame the gas pressure on because it wouldn’t start.

I went back and checked the pressure again. It was correct.

I then turned the internal valve from “ propane “ to “ natural “ and the unit fired right up.

I wrote the homeowner a bill for $150 and drove away.

She collected from generator people.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,281 Posts
I have one the city is going out to check their meter regulator in the morning. We piped the generator in last week, 20 ft of 1" black iron right off the upgraded meter (for the new load) 260CFH under full load. unit cranks fine but once its under load in cuts off. City usually runs 5--7" out their regulators with a .5 pressure drop. I asked them to please bump up to 7 if it isnt already. Then i asked him 3 times if we were allowed to adjust their regulators and he wouldnt answer me. Maybe hes saying yes, but cant say yes?

·
Registered
Plumbing
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
They can adjust the pressure. The spring in the regulator controls the pressure. It provides some adjustment.

If that adjustment doesn’t fall into the requirements f the appliance they can change the spring. If it requires more more than that regulators spring range then you can request a service pressure upgrade to 2psi or higher in some areas.

Any pressure can be met of the street pressure will allow it. They may not play ball but it CAN be done.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,281 Posts
They can adjust the pressure. The spring in the regulator controls the pressure. It provides some adjustment.

If that adjustment doesn’t fall into the requirements f the appliance they can change the spring. If it requires more more than that regulators spring range then you can request a service pressure upgrade to 2psi or higher in some areas.

Any pressure can be met of the street pressure will allow it. They may not play ball but it CAN be done.
I do 1/4 to 2lb conversions all the time. Usually throw a regulator on outside for the existing gas going into the house, and then another regulator at the tankless, pool heater, generator ect. I won’t go that route unless we absolutely have to. Sometimes I have another tap and meter brought in. The city will allow that here. The new tap fee is only $100.00 and then the customer has an additional $10.00 a month fee for the second meter on their bill. I give them the option of that or the extremely high price of bringing the line all the way around the house from the existing meter. It’s rare but I probably do 2 a year that way.

·
Registered
Plumbing
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
I do 1/4 to 2lb conversions all the time. Usually throw a regulator on outside for the existing gas going into the house, and then another regulator at the tankless, pool heater, generator ect. I won’t go that route unless we absolutely have to. Sometimes I have another tap and meter brought in. The city will allow that here. The new tap fee is only $100.00 and then the customer has an additional $10.00 a month fee for the second meter on their bill. I give them the option of that or the extremely high price of bringing the line all the way around the house from the existing meter. It’s rare but I probably do 2 a year that way.
I wish they would put a second tap and meter like that here. But honestly I’ve made a lot of money on running the line around the house, no other option.

We call that a dual pressure or a hybrid gas system. Low pressure to house and do 2lb to the high demand appliance.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,281 Posts
Wood Rectangle Grey Tints and shades Hardwood

Wood Grey Rectangle Tints and shades Vehicle door

This would be getting re done if it were my house. Am I being a prick about that? Just seems like there are no more decent tilers anymore. Maybe that’s acceptable to the average HO. It would irritate me to no end if I had to view those cuts everytime I’m in the shower.

201 - 220 of 266 Posts