Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does it always seem that when your driving through a beautiful development heading to your service call, you pass every well maintained home UNTIL the address on the workorder says the "herman munster" is where i need to stop. then you go inside and the first word out of the customers mouth is "sorry the house is a little messy but your early and i didnt have time to clean up". So i think to myself lady you could have started last week and you still wouldnt be done.

thanks i feel better

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
AGREED !! Add this ,,, The ONLY house in the hood that the yard hasn't been taken care of since Noah and his band of merry animals ,,, the driveway is PACKED with cars , you smell the mold and musk 10' before you hit the door ???

Cal

·
Banned
383 Posts
Why does it always seem that when your driving through a beautiful development heading to your service call, you pass every well maintained home UNTIL the address on the workorder says the "herman munster" is where i need to stop. then you go inside and the first word out of the customers mouth is "sorry the house is a little messy but your early and i didnt have time to clean up". So i think to myself lady you could have started last week and you still wouldnt be done.

thanks i feel better
did she ask you to take your shoes off when you came, because i wouldnt want to get my socks dirty.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Cockroaches so big that the have tattoos from ww2 on there forearms.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
How about your driving through a nice development and you think your going to get a easy job to fix and when you arrive you see the house is not part of the new but the house is older then your grandma, and the plumbing sucks big time.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
I get those...
Only it's usually in a town like New Canaan, Ct where the per capita income is like $92G and I'm thinkin gravy on the way there...
Yep, it's the Munster's place...
Huge house... A McMansion...
I go in and there are paths through the rooms which are filled with garbage...
The paths are like 1 1/2' wide except where the piles of garbage have fallen over...
The garbage is like 3 1/2' high...

She's divorced, it's 10 AM, she's been sipping on mother's little helper, and is bombed out of her mind...

Damn I've got to go into the basement...
Turns out the stuff upstairs was just the overflow area...
Over in the far side of the basement is a leaking pipe that she wants fixed...
She thinks I'm gonna climb over 30' of garbage to get to it...

Not today sweetie!
Clear a path!

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
When I do service I wear shoe covers. Usually to protect the customer's home. Once in a while to protect my shoes.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts

thanks i feel better

lmao , that reminds me of when I used to do service and we would have to go under a bathroom sink or something and spend 2 hours cleaning out the vanity while the homeowner said "be careful" "be careful"

And before you say "Crap. I wouldn't have done that"

Remember , I am an employee for a plumbing company, and if you were my foreman and I called in to say I could not do the repair cause of stuff under the sink, ......yea thoughts so :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My all time favorite. You pull up to the building sewer stoppage, ask customer where the main cleanout (the one she told dispatch she had) was and customer points to the roof.:furious: Then the customer pulls out a coupon.:censored:

Attachments

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
My all time favorite. You pull up to the building sewer stoppage, ask customer where the main cleanout (the one she told dispatch she had) was and customer points to the roof.:furious: Then the customer pulls out a coupon.:censored:
That is when you pull out your pen and make her sign a contract for cleanout install...and call in the backhoe. $$$:whistling2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts