Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled out an old 40 gal skinny and installed this tankless and water softener. Footprint was 20" W x 22" D. Boss that bid it out said gotta make it happen. Everything wedged between the furnace and the stacked washer/dryer.

Gas Fixture Machine Waste container Home appliance

Gas Machine Pipeline transport Technology Electrical wiring

Anyone else got some pictures of miracles pulled off in tight quarters?

Except you Skoro. Nobody wants to see your pictures of tight spots!

· Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you like those Bradford tankless units? What sets them apart?
They seem to be alright. I like the Navien units a little better. The advantage to the Bradford Infiniti is it's fed from the top, so it looks a little better if you're switching from a tank to a tankless.

Why did you use those flex supplies? Are they 18" or longer?
I did consider using PEX straight to the unit, but there wasn't enough space to fit my crimpers. 18s were the shortest I had on the truck. Needs must at 6:30 on a Friday. 🤷‍♂️ I know it looks bad.

· Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Always consider turning the power off before you have to interact with electrical wiring.

By interacting I mean crawling over it, in it or around it in order to get to your plumbing work.
I definitely keep my head on a swivel working around old wiring. I'm the son of an electrician so I know most of the warning signs to look for. That being said, if there's more than a half inch of water in the crawlspace the power is getting axed before I go in there.

The worst is the "grounded" pipes that turn out to be live! I remember one particular house that had the neutral bonded to the galvanized. That one smarted quite a bit and it took every ounce of professionalism I had left to not cuss somebody out. I told the HO they needed a sparky pronto. Their response: "well it worked fine until you came." 🤬

1 - 5 of 5 Posts