Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
Looks good, those people need to clean their tile :sick: there's probly 45 different types of penicillin growing in there :laughing:

Reactions: DUNBAR PLUMBING

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good, those people need to clean their tile :sick: there's probly 45 different types of penicillin growing in there :laughing:

Very rough bathroom. unsanitary and they are hoarders. Pathways throughout the entire house.

Just wondering, why no air chambers?

Mechanical, or just tees turned out with 6" capped off? I 'used' to install them years ago but between understanding the code that anything over 4" is a dead end in the potable water system, along with knowing those chambers (non-mechanical) lose their ability to protect in a short amount of time, I quit.

It's not code to have them in this area. Doesn't mean they don't have a value.

Nicely done !
What do you do when you run into galvanized running up to the shower head ?
Automatically comes out, but for as many years I've been plumbing in this area, I haven't seen one shower water line piped in galvanized before. I see it online though where it's happened in other states.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nicely done !
What do you do when you run into galvanized running up to the shower head ?
here is what I have done in the past. Make a mark on the riser to the shower head for a reference. Remove shower arm. Most times the riser is held at top with nails bent over or two hole clamp. Just unthread the riser. Use the reference to line up riser so 90 is right.
As for the video, cool job, but I think I would have just opend it all from the back, and just made the hole as necessary for the new valve.

·
LICENSE PLUMBER
1,437 Posts
Very rough bathroom. unsanitary and they are hoarders. Pathways throughout the entire house.

Mechanical, or just tees turned out with 6" capped off? I 'used' to install them years ago but between understanding the code that anything over 4" is a dead end in the potable water system, along with knowing those chambers (non-mechanical) lose their ability to protect in a short amount of time, I quit.

It's not code to have them in this area. Doesn't mean they don't have a value.

Automatically comes out, but for as many years I've been plumbing in this area, I haven't seen one shower water line piped in galvanized before. I see it online though where it's happened in other states.

fair enough

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sparky said:
if it is reusable just cut it into and install a dresser coupling to reconnect it,work like a charm.
See sparky, it's not so hard to put the right valve in. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PlumbingZone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts