Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Master Plumber
564 Posts
Automotive tire Red Gas Composite material Bumper

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Asphalt

I’d say you should go with a 300 even if you buy one that’s 40-50 years old you can still get parts for it. Plus you can absolutely beat the 💩 out of it and it just keeps working. Here is my 300. The previous owner welded the frame for the wheels and attached them with 3/8” rod. The wheels are a real game changer especially when you’re working in the city and have to park a long distance from where you’re setting up to work. I keep the cradle with 2 separate self opening die heads (one for 1/2”-3/4” pipe and one for 1”-2” pipe) in that gray plastic tote. I’ve also gotten away from using a traditional oiler. I now use the Ridgid cutting oil that comes in an aerosol can and set up a cardboard box underneath to catch the chips so I can just throw it in the trash when I’m done. Anyone who’s ever had an oiler spill in their van will understand 😂

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
View attachment 132988
View attachment 132987

I’d say you should go with a 300 even if you buy one that’s 40-50 years old you can still get parts for it. Plus you can absolutely beat the 💩 out of it and it just keeps working. Here is my 300. The previous owner welded the frame for the wheels and attached them with 3/8” rod. The wheels are a real game changer especially when you’re working in the city and have to park a long distance from where you’re setting up to work. I keep the cradle with 2 separate self opening die heads (one for 1/2”-3/4” pipe and one for 1”-2” pipe) in that gray plastic tote. I’ve also gotten away from using a traditional oiler. I now use the Ridgid cutting oil that comes in an aerosol can and set up a cardboard box underneath to catch the chips so I can just throw it in the trash when I’m done. Anyone who’s ever had an oiler spill in their van will understand 😂
What a beautiful machine. Love running a 300.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts